-31

You've died in your dreams plenty of times, amirite?

dorkattacks avatar
4 35
The voters have decided that dorkattack is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Meh, I wouldn't say plenty of times. It's happened to me once. A fat lady with hair like Marge Simpson who had a chainsaw killed me in my dreams once. My brother and cousin watched without attempting to stop her. It was upsetting. :(

I've died in a dream before, but the dream continued because I became a ghost or something.

I've ALMOST died...

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1340874

That is SO cool. smile smilie

thatgirlss avatar thatgirls Yeah You Are -1Reply

Don't know if it counts, but I barely am me in my dreams. Usually it's complex stories and I 'become' the characters at critical fights and there I died. It hurts like hell. The one time I dreamt as me I was pushed into lava and became a ghost or something.

Deathelfs avatar Deathelf Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Deathelf Don't know if it counts, but I barely am me in my dreams. Usually it's complex stories and I 'become' the...

That's weird. I'm ALWAYS me in my dreams. Sometimes my appearance changes, like my hair gets longer or my clothes change or I'm younger or older. Once I was even my avatar from the Mystery Dungeon games, but I'm always me somehow.

@Paigeperkkk I'm usually watching from like 3rd person

Yeah, me too, but at some critical moments it'll be first person. It's actually really weird to explain.

Deathelfs avatar Deathelf Yeah You Are 0Reply

I once had six fingers on each hand in a dream. It still freaks me out 3 years later...

Those are the best dreams I ever have.

@Artemis Those are the best dreams I ever have.

"I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take ..."
Sorry if that wasn't what you meant, but I immediately got Mad World stuck in my head.

IchLiebeDichs avatar IchLiebeDich Yeah You Are +2Reply

Are you being serious, or is that a Tears for Fears reference? Either way, it's pretty cool.

I died in a dream once but, in the back of my mind I remembered how people say "if you die in your dreams, you die in real life" but the dream continued so, later on, the dream ended up with people realizing that I had just fainted.

I've been killed in many of my dreams and I'm still alive. A certain dream demon keeps coming after me.

Wolfgangs avatar Wolfgang Yeah You Are +2Reply

This may sound like complete bullshit, but I've never actually had a nightmare. I've never had a dream where I was scared, sounds like they suck from what you mere mortals tell me.

Nope. I, the Little Mermaid, got away from Ursula just in time.

@EstoniaObsessed Nope. I, the Little Mermaid, got away from Ursula just in time.

I also dreamed about the little mermaid, only I wasn't so lucky. A handsome prince came to rescue me, but we didn't quite make it out and Ursula tied me to a table and came at me with a knife. I woke up while she was debating where to start cutting.

When I was like 5 I had a dream Ursula my mom and I had dinner. Then, my mom told Ursula to adopt me... Yah. Thats my nightmare as a kindergarden. Scaaaaary stuff. :)

In a lot of my dreams, I get stabbed. But sometimes I'm just kind of the narrator, so I'm watching myself and the other people. Other times I am different people. One time, I was a man. That was a terrible dream. But it wasn't conscious or lucid, so I couldn't really control him; it was like I was looking through his eyes as a bystander. Dreams are weird. We dream all the time during REM sleep or something, and most of our dreams are bad, but we don't remember them. I read it in the paper.

most of those dreams I fall and die like the most recent one was me and my friends were like an elite group or something and we busted into a hotel room filled with terrorists from what it looked like because we were in a tall building and it looked like a hotel hallway and the room was filled with terrorists and halfway through I couldn't see my friends anywhere and so I was the only one left in there and I get to the door and the bitches were in the hallway by the door waiting for me and I told them to run and some terrorists run into the hallway and I ran into the window and fall and then I woke up.

When I have a nightmare, I somehow figure out I am sleeping and I try to kill myself because I am too much of an imbecile to fight off whatever is chasing me. It usually takes a couple tries. I tried jumping off buildings, knives, even fire, and came out unscathed. Then I die from something stupid like tripping on a rock.

If you die in your dreams you die irl.

You actually wake up right before you die in a dream. If you had actually died in a dream your brain would have thought you were dead and shut down.

Lanzs avatar Lanz No Way -11Reply
@Lanz You actually wake up right before you die in a dream. If you had actually died in a dream your brain would have...

... No, I've died in my dream before and kept dreaming. I was murdered actually, it was an interesting dream.

IchLiebeDichs avatar IchLiebeDich Yeah You Are +7Reply
@bandgeekjessye Is that true??? That's kind of awesome, I never really thought about that.

@1339984 (bandgeekjessye): Everytime I'm about to die in a dream, I wake up a few milliseconds before I die. I've never died so I think that if I actually died in a dream, then I would die in real life.

Ya know I've heard that a bunch, but I've never seen any evidence. I bet it's a myth.

Codays avatar Coday Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1340870

Guy dies.

Plausible