+301

The transition from paper books to e-books would be much easier if you could scan barcodes on books you already had so you could read it on the e-book, amirite?

open_mind_open_souls avatar Books
7 6
The voters have decided that open_mind_open_soul is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Then people would just go into bookstores and scan books and they could get it without paying.

@Laughing_spork Then people would just go into bookstores and scan books and they could get it without paying.

Yeah, I was thinking of that after I posted it. Maybe there could be a special barcode on a receipt or something? The one thing keeping me from e-books is the fact that I have plenty of great books on paper already.

@open_mind_open_soul Yeah, I was thinking of that after I posted it. Maybe there could be a special barcode on a receipt or something?...

Same. I have a kindle but I already have so many paper books that I don't use it very much. Maybe a code that you get after you purchase it.. but what's the point of having it on e-book after you buy the real thing? And there's so many books I've had for years way before e-books existed. Books are also great to give as gifts. I don't think there's an easy transition.

@Laughing_spork Same. I have a kindle but I already have so many paper books that I don't use it very much. Maybe a code that you...

Yeah...well, maybe if you could use the ISPN number on the back of a book...but then, they could write it down in stores...I don't know, how obvious would scanning a barcode be though? I think it could work. Or if bookstores allowed you to take books in for the book on e-book.

Well e-mail that suggestion to Amazon, Borders, or Barnes and Noble lol

That's so weird because I thought exactly that when I saw the commercial.

OhKayTeas avatar OhKayTea Yeah You Are +1Reply