-445

If you went to any type of camp other than bible camp, your summer was wasted, amirite?

1 57
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Huh. Smells like troll in here. Weird.

If you went to bible camp, you wasted your summer.

Uh, no. This is a really dumb post. I'm Christian and I think it's dumb. For one thing, I went to a work camp where I volunteered a week of my time and built a summer camp for kids in Tennessee. Did I waste my summer?
Second, if you read the bible, it says to tell people about it. Why spend your time talking about God at bible camps only when almost everyone there already knows about Him?

yimmyjms avatar yimmyjm No Way +17Reply

i go to international music camp every summer and they teach me so much about music, which i find is something that connects people of all cultures and beliefs, bible camp doesn't expose you to have the things music camp does, and music is great for the mind, and is un biased to the listener.

@Nope, you wasted your summer.

so if one of my best friends i met at the camp told me all about jesus and her relationship with god i still wasted my summer?

I'm a Christian and I still find this crazy. Sure, when I was younger I went to bible camps. But I would also do other things besides talk about Jesus. Just as others have said, what about music camp? Work camp? Or even science camp? You're learning something new in each one of them that will help benefit someone in the long run. Which is what God wants us to do (help people, treat others as we expect to be treated etc..)

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gleeks avatar Gleek No Way +13Reply

I went to Book of Satan camp.

Is it nerdy that I went to a science camp this summer?

@1349587

what about atheism camp?

OMGz what if I like didn't like to go bible camp? LOLZ.. I like so totally wasted my summer then hahaha...yeah.

I love ignorant people who can't accept that other people can have their own beliefs. Here's one for you thetruth...I'M A JEW! Hahahahahahaha yeah no bible camp for me. Here's another kicker, I'm a girl dating a girl. And we have pre-marital sex. Yup, hello Hell here I come!

If your head didn't explode at that, congrats. Maybe it's time for you to start accepting that people are different and don't need to accept all of the ideals you try to shove down their throats. One of my favorite lines:

"Religion is like a penis. I know you have one and I'm glad your proud of it, but please don't go shoving it down mine or my childs throat."

@Tl;dr. Stop wasting time and read your bible.

Maybe if you took the time to read it instead of just "Tl:dr"ing me, you'd have seen that I'm Jewish, therefore, don't read your bible. Stop wasting your time arguing with me and read the bible then.

@bandgeekjessye Maybe if you took the time to read it instead of just "Tl:dr"ing me, you'd have seen that I'm Jewish, therefore...

Then stop wasting your life with false religions and start reading the bible today. It's not too late.

@Then stop wasting your life with false religions and start reading the bible today. It's not too late.

Stop wasting your life being ignorant and accept others. Isn't that what Jesus, the JEWISH carpenter, died for?

@bandgeekjessye Stop wasting your life being ignorant and accept others. Isn't that what Jesus, the JEWISH carpenter, died for?

You filthy Jews are always so quick to point out that Jesus was a Jew, like that's going to make everyone gasp with surprise. Of course he was Jewish; he came down to establish the true religion since it didn't exist yet. You yids also always conveniently forget to mention that the Jews were also the ones who KILLED Jesus as well.

@You filthy Jews are always so quick to point out that Jesus was a Jew, like that's going to make everyone gasp with...

You filthy bible thumpers are always so quick to assume that the Jewish people killed Jesus. I do believe Jesus was living in a Roman empire and was persecuted by the politicians there, not a particular group of religious people.

I didn't read this whole thing but from the introduction it seemed you might be able to become a little less ignorant, if you choose to read it. I don't know if you will though, the word "dope" is in the sites title.

http://www.straightdope.com/col...o-killed-jesus

Insulting my religion with what I'm assuming you think are offensive names is really mature and I'm sure your savior would have appreciated that. Especially since that was his original religion. Born a Jew, died a Jew.

I think you also forget that your old testament is our only testament.

Since I doubt you're going to actually read that article, here's a line I find particularly amusing and point proving:

@bandgeekjessye You filthy bible thumpers are always so quick to assume that the Jewish people killed Jesus. I do believe Jesus was...

continuing with the quote:

First, who killed Jesus is irrelevant. If you're a devout Christian, Jesus would tell you not to blame but to forgive. If Jesus hadn't died on the cross, you'd have no route to salvation. So in a way you should be thanking those who executed him, not blaming them.

@bandgeekjessye continuing with the quote: First, who killed Jesus is irrelevant. If you're a devout Christian, Jesus would tell...

Here's another:

Third, there is no historical record of the condemnation of Jesus other than the New Testament. The different books of the New Testament give five slightly different accounts. Although the versions agree on the main points, the emphasis and details vary. Each author had his own biases and agenda. The authors of the gospels weren't writing objective history; they were trying to convert a particular audience, and their words reflect that.

@bandgeekjessye Here's another: Third, there is no historical record of the condemnation of Jesus other than the New Testament...

Just finished reading the whole article. I highly reccomend it, but I'm just a stupid Jew after all, so you probably won't listen to me. But to anyone on here who isn't a mindless troll, the link above is a truly invigorating article filled with some very interesting perspectives.

I used to go to a writing camp every summer. It made me a better writer, I had tons of fun, and met a lifelong friend there that I otherwise never would've known. Wasted summers? I didn't think so.

I'm not religious and my family can't afford much. I won a free pass to a soccer camp a few years ago, and I got to spend time with the Vancouver Whitecaps. Even though I don't play anymore, I know I did not waste that summer.

@What the hell are the Vancouver Whitecaps?

Professional soccer team around where I live. I think they made it into the big league just this year, but I can't check the facts since I'm on my phone.

That's the truth, Truth.

Bible camp is actually the biggest waste of your summer

I went to Gay camp. SHIT WAS SO CASH.

@I went to Gay camp. SHIT WAS SO CASH.

(sophie-amalie): Ironically, I've had friends who went to Christian Colleges and other religious institutions and most of the population there is Gay because their parents send them there to "straighten them out". Irony much?

What about drama camp?! :D

Alecsls avatar Alecsl No Way +2Reply
@Alecsl What about drama camp?! :D

Does it train you to be a good waiter, since that's what you're going to end up doing?

Saudi80s avatar Saudi80 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Saudi80 Does it train you to be a good waiter, since that's what you're going to end up doing?

Oh shut the hell up. It's for FUN. A child's life isn't meant for strict learning every minute.

Alecsls avatar Alecsl No Way +4Reply
@Saudi80 No.

Drama camp teaches you how to act, useful in situations like this where idiots assume there is no money in a profession and the only thing in life that matters is money, acting like that person is right and having the power to pretend they're not ignorant is very useful in these situations, then we go laugh about how stupid people are. What is money if you're not enjoying your life?

@bandgeekjessye Drama camp teaches you how to act, useful in situations like this where idiots assume there is no money in a...

There's nothing wrong with acting. At least you'll be able to act like you're happy as you share your studio apartment with two other people between your shifts as a server.

@Saudi80 There's nothing wrong with acting. At least you'll be able to act like you're happy as you share your studio...

It's not the size of the paycheck or apartment that matters, at least they'll have someone to split the rent with because people can stand to live with them..something I'm sure you can't say you have. And I think you have it wrong, I think you mean between shows.

@bandgeekjessye It's not the size of the paycheck or apartment that matters, at least they'll have someone to split the rent with...

This is the kind of thing poor people tell themself in order to make themself feel better. Oh yes, you're right; money can't buy happiness. All rich people are very miserable. You hold the secret to happiness. Just keep believing that.

Saudi80s avatar Saudi80 Yeah You Are -1Reply

I went to a convent training camp.

I went to fundie Bible thumping trolling idiot camp.

I went to military camp bitch! The reason military camp is better is the fact that you learn about real things and better yourself. You see in bible camp you sit around like a whiny bitch and learn about the fictional sky wizard and get molested by the counselers. Bible camp sucks as does religion. Praying too the magic man in space does not mean that there is one or that there is an afterlife, religionfags you can go fuck yourselves.

Ew, Jesus freak.

@WoahElle Ew, Jesus freak.

Fine, label me a Jesus Freak! There's no denying the truth!

Bible camps are awesome!