+206

You wonder what great series or story your kids will grow up with and if it will ever live up to us growing up with Harry Potter, amirite?

Treehuggers avatar
5 17
The voters have decided that Treehugger is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Urrrrghh Harry Potter this Harry Potter that every fucking day

Because nothing could ever be greater than the Harry Potter book series...

I like the Harry Potter series as much as the next fan, but enough is enough. There are better series than Harry Potter. In my opinion, you can love a book, but you should never stick to it for the rest of your life. If you want to show your kids Harry Potter books, wonderful! As a reader, you should be able to move on to other books without comparing them all the time.

Also, if anyone cares, I'd recommend the A Song of Ice and Fire Series or also known as the "Game of Thrones" series.

@CanadiaNDP I like the Harry Potter series as much as the next fan, but enough is enough. There are better series than Harry...

Game of Thrones is an incredible book. I'm planning on reading A Clash of Kings soon. Your opinion on it?

I'm currently reading Clash of Kings and I love it so far. I just don't enjoy the Theon chapters all for the reason of me not liking him. It feels like it is the beginning of the bigger war, but what is happening up at the Wall looks troublesome. I won't say spoilers, but let's just say what the Black Watch are doing are much more important than who is king and who isn't. I will also add some chapters I really have to pull myself through because it feels like nothing is happening, but later on you find out it was important. Also, as always, death death death. My friend is reading Storm of Swords and she tells me it's moving really quickly and it becomes really suspenseful.

It contains no spoilers at all :)

I disagree simply because Harry Potter has been talked about so much so that the over saturation of Harry Potter makes me want to strangle my kittens.

I do wonder what amazing stories are to come, not really for my kids but rather for myself. I intend on being an old lady still reading every day, in fact, as I grow older I think I'll read more and more to escape the reality of my declining health.

Runys avatar Runy No Way 0Reply

I'm almost positive that they'll have a book that will live up to Harry Potter, maybe be even better. It's not some kind of invincible thing.

I'm gonna be honest, Harry Potter isn't as good of a series as Lord of the Rings in my opinion. The books, fantastic, the movies, less so (especially the Goblet of Fire), but I still prefer LOTR over HP.

@Treldman I'm gonna be honest, Harry Potter isn't as good of a series as Lord of the Rings in my opinion. The books...

I fell in love with Harry Potter while Lord of the Rings took me a long time to understand and get into. They're two different books. HP is more of a childrens story with good and evil while Lord of the Rings is deeper and more for an older audience. I like them both but for different reasons

skye531s avatar skye531 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I will certainly introduce my children the the Harry Potter books in hopes they like them, but I'm sure there will be something else that is just as huge by then

People are age will probably always think of Harry Potter books as the best because of nostalgia.

Harry Potter is a shitty book with a crappy movie that people need to stop being so fucko giddy about.