+213

Let's forget political parties and just vote for the candidate who would make the best decisions for the people and the economy. amirite?

536543s avatar Politics
1 8
The voters have decided that 536543 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

the US should think about having a 3rd party like Canada does so it feels like the people actually have more choice. Something in the middle. I don't think the majority of Americans fully support the party they vote for in everything, but don't have much choice.

@the US should think about having a 3rd party like Canada does so it feels like the people actually have more...

(eh?): True! I hate having to choose parties b/c there are bad ideas and good ideas within each party.

536543s avatar 536543 Yeah You Are +1Reply

you end up voting for the best of the worst. which I don't think is the right reasoning behind voting, but there's not any other option. either that or dont vote at all. also, politicians should also aim some of their campaigning toward the student population to increase voter turnout.

This issue is that while the Prime Minister/President is at the front and seemingly just do what they think is best they still have to follow what their advisers and fellow politicians say and believe to a certain degree. I'm not saying that they're just the figureheads but I don't think they have as much personal power as we think. SO you do have to take parties into consideration too.

@Chromana This issue is that while the Prime Minister/President is at the front and seemingly just do what they think is best...

Agreed, people are so quick to criticize Obama/whoever's over there in the UK for things that are most often out of control. But on the same token, we can't immediately shift all the credit to problems that have been solved to the president/prime minister as well, and then give them a Nobel Peace Prize.

@SemiColin Agreed, people are so quick to criticize Obama/whoever's over there in the UK for things that are most often out of...

Except in the case of the debt limit, Obama IS the only one not trying to make an agreement.

In reality, it comes down to picking the lesser of two evils.

Plus you have to take in account who will pay for the candidate to run, it's not cheap.

Gracelees avatar Gracelee Yeah You Are 0Reply