+129

Setting up arranged marriages is almost slave trading, amirite?

Quannaxs avatar
0 3
The voters have decided that Quannax is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Forced marriages maybe. Modern arranged marriages, especially in the US among immigrants, usually consist of parents setting up meetings with their young adult kids and other young kids they know from other immigrants. If you're the child, you have a lot of say in who you're getting married to.

@monstruosita Forced marriages maybe. Modern arranged marriages, especially in the US among immigrants, usually consist of...

I was just going to say that. Everyone thinks arranged marriages are when two people are forced against their will, but it's basically like your parents setting you up.

This is how I always felt about arranged marriages. They never seemed that awful to me. Nothing wrong with parents trying to 'set you up'. I'd be a little flattered.