+412

The tech crew (set, lighting, sound, etc...) is just as important as the actors in a show, amirite?

L_I_F_E_G_O_E_S_O_Ns avatar
7 12
The voters have decided that L_I_F_E_G_O_E_S_O_N is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If not more so! As is the pit in a musical :)

bandgeekjessyes avatar bandgeekjessye Yeah You Are +7Reply

I feel as if there could be a show without the tech crew; however, not vise versa.

@DestroyMySweater I feel as if there could be a show without the tech crew; however, not vise versa.

Seeing as under "etc" would fall the costumers, the set designers, the props master, and the stage manager, I don't think it's possible. (especially the stage manager. there's a reason that SM's get paid more than actors do.)

twistedfires avatar twistedfire Yeah You Are +2Reply
@twistedfire Seeing as under "etc" would fall the costumers, the set designers, the props master, and the stage manager, I don't...

But I'm attempting to say in the extreme case. As in, it would make more sense for people to just be acting out a play, rather than lighting and sound people to have a stage set, but nothing to happen on it.

In my school's yearbook, they only showcase the cast. The crew and tech are important too.

TargetLadys avatar TargetLady Yeah You Are +4Reply

They're important but if there were no actors, there would be no need for tech crews and the like.

I've done shows without crews. It's a bitch.

Techies are amazing.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +3Reply

People don't really understand how much influence lighting and sound have on productions. The lighting designer can create a certain mood through the use of colors and the amount of lighting. The sound designer manipulates how the audience feels through the house music. Also, there are usually sound cues in the text that are very important in the play. I will admit that sometimes, you don't need tech crews, but they are extremely important in most. In my opinion, everyone in the theatre is equally important.

Look at my profile picture, that's Robert de Niro! You can replace all the tech crews you want but you can never replace actors like these!

no shit!

While you can do a show without them, like the one acts ive Been in, it's much easier and adds to the show if you have those people to make it better.

accio_sabrinas avatar accio_sabrina Yeah You Are 0Reply