+284

I don"t get why in our society it is not acceptable to have a guy as a pre k teacher. People just assume that guys wold hurt the kids, its just a huge stereotype.. amirite?

Somebuddys avatar
2 12
The voters have decided that Somebuddy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Or maybe no males want to become preschool teachers....?

Yeah, when it comes to the safety of children, I'll take my chances with some stereotyping. The fact is, men molest children much more often than women do.

I didn't know that they didn't let guys become pre-k teachers? I don't see many men jumping at the chance anyway.

I'm a pre-k teacher at our church, and I'm a guy.

Biologically young children are more trustworthy of female strangers than male ones, so that might have something to do with it.

I'm not saying that bad things don't happen, I'm just pointing out that its another form of being sexist, if it was about females i think a lot of people would react more.

Somebuddys avatar Somebuddy Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yep because it's not like there's any female teachers going around having sex with their students....ohh wait.

@pantherfanatic That's like high school, not Pre-K

Same difference in my opinion, if you're too scared to hire males because they have sex with students then no females should work in a high school for the same reason. It's all double standards.

@soberlikekesha Same difference in my opinion, if you're too scared to hire males because they have sex with students then no...

There's a huge difference between a high school guy sleeping with a teacher, and a 3 year old being raped.

@pantherfanatic There's a huge difference between a high school guy sleeping with a teacher, and a 3 year old being raped.

I realize that. But if you're going to be scared of pedophilia, you should be scared of both sides and ban both genders rather than focusing on just one side of it, that's all I'm saying.