+285

When you see your cat or dog take a nap you wonder if animals legs fall asleep when they lie on them like humans limbs do, because they curl up in the weirdest positions. amirite?

exactylpterodactyls avatar
0 5
The voters have decided that exactylpterodactyl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I never actually thought about this until I read this post.

cherryblasters avatar cherryblaster Yeah You Are 0Reply

They don't fall asleep. They lose circulation because you're squishing your nerves and arteries which causes an intense tingling sensation that tells you to change your position or risk needing your legs amputated. So no. Probably not.

@Lanz They don't fall asleep. They lose circulation because you're squishing your nerves and arteries which causes an...

do you know what the saying that "your leg falls asleep" means? I don't actually think that a limb can sleep, it's just referring to that feeling you get when you cut off the circulation to a part of you body, like a leg.

@exactylpterodactyl do you know what the saying that "your leg falls asleep" means? I don't actually think that a limb can sleep, it's...

My point is they don't because their leg is still usable after hours of sleeping. If their legs ever "fell asleep" while they were asleep they'd be limping across the carpet.

@Lanz My point is they don't because their leg is still usable after hours of sleeping. If their legs ever "fell asleep"...

OK, I totally get it now. I had to read you comment again, but the first time I read it I was really confused.