+1,536

Gift cards are the polite way for family members to say, "We wanted to give you money for your birthday, but we think you might be a drug addict," amirite?

Sinners avatar
243 97
The voters have decided that Sinner is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Or 'We don't care enough to get you a real gift, but we want to at least make it look like we do.'

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +68Reply
@Courage_Wolf Or 'We don't care enough to get you a real gift, but we want to at least make it look like we do.'

Or to politely say that... "We want you to get a paper cut near a major artery with this Dicks Sporting Goods gift card and bleed to death. That way we could steal it back and buy various sporting items."

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +27Reply
@Dwight Or to politely say that... "We want you to get a paper cut near a major artery with this Dicks Sporting Goods gift...

"Is that why you wrote 'Dicks Sporting Goods' on this index card? That's not really what a gift card is. You could have just given me a blessing and saved yourself five cents."

I just trade in the gift card for the drugs. Some drug dealers surprisingly take target gift cards. Who knew?

@ravensrule I just trade in the gift card for the drugs. Some drug dealers surprisingly take target gift cards. Who knew?

That isn't relevant to my comment at all. You're just using me to get to a highly placed comment, aren't you?

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +23Reply
@Courage_Wolf That isn't relevant to my comment at all. You're just using me to get to a highly placed comment, aren't you?

yeah, didn't want to scroll down. I did a little though, but in the end I chose to comment there, hope you don't mind.

@1364099

No. You're a drug addict.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +40Reply

It's funny because I've been getting giftcards for my last three birthdays, and now I know why.

Magic_Eight_Balls avatar Magic_Eight_Ball Yeah You Are +37Reply
@1414917

Do not pass go, do not col-- oh wait that joke doesn't work here.

Almost 20 minutes late...tsk tsk. People were about to start rioting.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +34Reply
@Shugah Almost 20 minutes late...tsk tsk. People were about to start rioting.

OOOOOOOOH. Anthony posted this late to create a metaphor that shows his opinion of the riots in England! Everything makes sense now!

@1414909

Was this by any chance the couch that reddead was sitting on?

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +7Reply

No! I get gift cards because they love me, not because they suspect me to be a drug addict!

snorts coke

sb123s avatar sb123 No Way +34Reply
@1415030

I was joking. I may be Jewish, but I do have SOME street smarts.

@lonely_jew I was joking. I may be Jewish, but I do have SOME street smarts.

Lets count how many comments you made where you mentioned you were jewish! GO!

Babytards avatar Babytard Yeah You Are +19Reply

When I first checked, I thought "The male version of a cougar is a pedophile" was today's POTD.

@MeWrongNo Yeah I wasted 6 s.

If you love one more comment, your mother will ger cancer.

Roys avatar Roy No Way +13Reply
@Roy If you love one more comment, your mother will ger cancer.

... shut up crobat you did it too and thought you were the shit.

@TheShamWowGuy ... shut up crobat you did it too and thought you were the shit.

I didn't do it to be funny or get noticed..... or "be the shit," that just sounds gross  Anthony asked me to stop, so I did. Way to be judgemental, poser LULZ.

Roys avatar Roy No Way +4Reply
@Roy I didn't do it to be funny or get noticed..... or "be the shit," that just sounds gross  Anthony asked me to...

1) Then why did you do it? Because there is no way you loved every single comment because they are not all good. 2) Anthony had to tell you to stop. You would have continued to do it if the great God of the internetz didn't tell you to quit. 3) You copied Velecropter (sp?) ... therefore YOU are the poser. Way to be faggot LOLOMG<3

@TheShamWowGuy 1) Then why did you do it? Because there is no way you loved every single comment because they are not all good. 2)...

1) I loved them because I realised I rarely love comments and I actuall helpes some people get achievments, so why stop? 2) Actually, Anthony was the only one who asked nicely. I remember you "asked" me to stop, but you were rude, SO NO LOL l smilie l smilie l smilie 3) I had no idea why people were saying that, but I found out he once loved all the comments on a POTD and that's great and all but by that logic your a poser for owning a ShamWow because someone else did before you. Also, I am gay and faggot is an offensive term, judgemental is not. You're not a very nice person hmm smilie

Roys avatar Roy No Way +10Reply
@Roy 1) I loved them because I realised I rarely love comments and I actuall helpes some people get achievments, so why...

oh you're gay? Okay, it all kinda makes sense now. Yes, faggot is an offensive term, thats why i used it. Actually believe it or not i can be a very nice person, but unlike you... i don't piss flowers.

@TheShamWowGuy oh you're gay? Okay, it all kinda makes sense now. Yes, faggot is an offensive term, thats why i used it. Actually...

Wow. Yes I'm gay, but why does that make everything make sense? And you used faggot to be offensive? Then I guess you're a homophobe. Good to know I've been wasting my time on you. How would you like it if I told you it makes sense that you're a ginger because they are generally souless assholes? I don't piss flowers, I just don't pick fights over nothing.

Roys avatar Roy No Way +6Reply
@Axolotl

Lol people arguing on POTD

so stupid

and I quoted you because Axolotl's are cute <3

BurnyBurns avatar BurnyBurn Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Axolotl You quoted me?

Err... I mean replied to.

I spend too much damn time on gaming forums D;

@MeWrongNo Yeah I wasted 6 s.

And here I was thinking I was special...

@FlooPowderPower And here I was thinking I was special...

It's okay. We all thought you were special.

"I wasn't going to use the money to buy weed, I swear! I was going to use it to buy a hooker!"

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +21Reply
@"It's pronounced 'hookah'."

This is a hookah: Image in content

This is a hooker: Image in content

And this is a hooker with a hookah: Image in content

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +21Reply
@Serg This is a hookah:...

That last picture has quite a nice looking hookah.

Boufakas avatar Boufaka Yeah You Are +1Reply

I got my friend a giftcard to Subway, today. She works at Subway. trolololol

Somehow I read gift cards as girls. Everything makes sense again.

Normas avatar Norma Yeah You Are +13Reply

It would make an awkward birthday if they didn't think you were a druggie though.

Person who got gift card: "I'M NOT A DRUGGIE!!!!"
Family: Um...OK.

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +12Reply

Tell us what we did wrong, Anthony! Tell us so we won't upset you like this ever again!

This post made me think of this

http://whydidyoubuymethat.com/p...elled-a-lot-on

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +8Reply

Better then a flaming bag of poop...

@DandyLion Better then a flaming bag of poop...

This made me think of Sims because all my ex-husbands leave it on my front porch. un smilie

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +7Reply

Couldn't the person pay their drug dealer with the gift card? Or sell the gift card for slightly less money than it's worth and then use that money to pay their drug dealer?

@Shugah You must be a professional junkie.

Or just easily able to find logic holes. A gift card says: I got you a present, but I don't quite know what you like enough, or what your taste is to buy you a specific gift. A surprise trip to Disney Land that really ends up at rehab says: I think you're on drugs.

@DictatorCourtney Couldn't the person pay their drug dealer with the gift card? Or sell the gift card for slightly less money than...

"Hey Sketchy Jimmy, instead of me giving you cash for this skag, would you prefer a $20 giftcard to the local record store?"

@Simon "Hey Sketchy Jimmy, instead of me giving you cash for this skag, would you prefer a $20 giftcard to the local...

"Skag? I thought you were buying wee... OH! Yeah, yeah. Sure, man. Whatever. Let's high-fives."

Some of the people I go to school with get drugs from their friends.

But I've known druggies to pawn anything to get money for drugs.

Well, you are a Sinner.

I've actually never gotten a gift card. I'll take that as a compliment.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +4Reply

Gift cards suck, most of the time I can't find what I want to buy in the store where that gift card is accepted so it just ends up being wasted on useless crap.

i keep asking for gift cards to feed my video gaming addictions, but all i get is cash. with which i feed my other addictions. they nefer luuuuuuuurnd.

invisiblemonkis avatar invisiblemonki Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1414907

This... this is great. This has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Using both observational comedy with a hint of situation comedy, you come out with one of the best and most original comments on this site. I only wish you hadn't posted anonymously so I could know who this master of comedy was.

@1414935

The best part is, you don't have to leave Wal-mart
To use any of those items!

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are 0Reply

lol this is funny

LauraHernandezs avatar LauraHernandez Yeah You Are -13Reply
Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +30Reply

Or a nice way to say "LOL we're broke."

Expelliarmuss avatar Expelliarmus Yeah You Are -20Reply
@Expelliarmus Or a nice way to say "LOL we're broke."

You still have to pay the same amount of money for gift cards...

@im_good_nope_im_god You still have to pay the same amount of money for gift cards...

Maybe they re-gifted the gift card? Like, "Hell, we never shop there, let's just give this to Random Family Member!"

@FlooPowderPower Maybe they re-gifted the gift card? Like, "Hell, we never shop there, let's just give this to Random Family Member!"

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm pretty sure gift cards have an expiration date though, so it would have to be a pretty quick re-gift.

@nantsingonyama I thought there was a law passed the gift cards now couldn't have expiration dates?

I don't know, you're probably right. I'm not really an expert in gift cards so forgive me.

@im_good_nope_im_god Yeah, that makes sense. I'm pretty sure gift cards have an expiration date though, so it would have to be a pretty...

They used to, which sucked, since I tend to forget that I have gift cards...or, after a certain amount of time passed, money would start being deducted from the amount on the gift card every month.

But, yeah, like nantsingonyama, I think some sort of law was passed or something so that stores couldn't do that anymore...

Gift cards could cost 2 dollars, but you can't give someone 2 dollars as a present. Or they could give them a hand made gift card.

Expelliarmuss avatar Expelliarmus Yeah You Are +4Reply

But they still spent money buying the gift card...

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Prosopagnosia But they still spent money buying the gift card...

But not a lot of money. Giving them money or buying them a gift costs more than a gift card. Unless I'm mistaken or something

Expelliarmuss avatar Expelliarmus Yeah You Are -8Reply

No one says LOL in real life, you understand that right