+251

The United States should eliminate the penny ASAP because it's useless and literally costs more to make than it's worth, amirite?

SofaKings avatar
1 25
The voters have decided that SofaKing is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But finding a heads up penny makes my day :(

If we eliminate the penny, we wouldn't be able to make those cool flat pennies with those etchings! D:

Fattys avatar Fatty Yeah You Are +12Reply
@ThisChick slowly turns head and looks at you stupidly ... Yes.

Raises eyebrows at your putting of actions in asteriks what are we role playing here?

Fattys avatar Fatty Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Fatty Raises eyebrows at your putting of actions in asteriks what are we role playing here?

dances to random techno music No. I just felt they were necessary to make it feel more real.

@ThisChick dances to random techno music No. I just felt they were necessary to make it feel more real.

Well, this conversation is pretty real. Seeing as how, it's on my computer screen, and the comments are threaded, and I can feel myself typing.

Fattys avatar Fatty Yeah You Are +1Reply

DFTBA

kenzawinss avatar kenzawins Yeah You Are +8Reply

This is from a vlog brothers video, I like the idea though.

it costs 1.7 cents to make a penny angry smilie

DaAce96s avatar DaAce96 Yeah You Are +6Reply
@DaAce96 it costs 1.7 cents to make a penny

^^ YOU SEE THIS??? It's shit like this that's keeping us in debt! GOD my country is stupid with money!

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +6Reply
@FlyingGuineaPig ^^ YOU SEE THIS??? It's shit like this that's keeping us in debt! GOD my country is stupid with money!

I think the profit from making Benjamins makes up for the penny's deficit. I think the real things keeping us in debt are government waste, and just maybe the several wars we are in.

Can we please just be like Europe and have tax included in our prices so it comes out to even numbers?! That's all I want from you America!

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +6Reply

haha

DaAce96s avatar DaAce96 Yeah You Are +2Reply

It was more expensive to make a penny when it was 100% copper. Now, it's a copper and zinc alloy, which is cheaper to make.

You don't know how many times a cashier has asked me for penny because they cant make change

@thaskata149 You don't know how many times a cashier has asked me for penny because they cant make change

A lot of transactions come out to fractions of a cent, in which case it's rounded to the nearest penny. So if there was no penny, it would just be rounded to the nearest five instead.

SofaKings avatar SofaKing Yeah You Are +3Reply
@SofaKing A lot of transactions come out to fractions of a cent, in which case it's rounded to the nearest penny. So if there...

Or they might stop making stupid prices like $19.99 and just call it $20 instead of trying to make it sound cheaper.

@Ashvio They would probably just make it 19.95 instead

Even then prices will still be weird numbers after taxes. Probably the best way would just to be round everything up to the nearest 5 cents, and then they could donate all the extra money they make off that to charity or something. Everybody wins!

Fellow Nerdfighter? DFTBA.