+402

It's kind of sad that more people care about a substance abusing celebrity's death than the 91 random innocent civilians who were killed in Oslo, amirite?

Francoiss avatar
10 18
The voters have decided that Francois is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Kurt Cobain is dead!?

@1368028

You're both wrong, Tupac died.

Francoiss avatar Francois Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1368040

My bad, I meant Eazy E

Francoiss avatar Francois Yeah You Are 0Reply

The death of one is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic.

Simply put, humans can better focus on one individual we know than a bunch f random, nameless faces.

@LamWin The death of one is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic. Simply put, humans can better focus on one...

And the farther away it is, the less we care, because we always assume it'll happen to somebody else...but to somebody else, we are somebody else.

Francoiss avatar Francois Yeah You Are +7Reply

Hell, I didn't even know she was dead till I read the comments. Now the attacks in Norway, THAT was all over the news.

@1368063

That might be true, but it only makes it even sadder. 85 teenagers shot at a summer camp and 7 people killed in by a bomb in a government building shouldn't be just 'one out of many news stories'. And as far as I know, it's the headline of every newspaper I've seen ...

Both are sad. Oslo bombing was worse, but Amy Winehouse's death is undeniably sad.

Vitaes avatar Vitae Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's not right, but I have more of an emotional connection to Amy. I don't know her personally, but I have heard her voice countless times.,
Although Oslo is a million times worse and more news worthy. But they'e both getting the coverage they deserve.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are 0Reply

Oh jeez, people, stop overreacting big time. This is how the news works. It's news and it's big until something else big happens. If tomorrow another famous celeb dies of an overdose then that will be what people will be talking about. News is news until there's something newer. And just because this is newer news doesn't mean that we've forgotten about norway. Just everyone calm the fuck down.

And you also think that a post about her should be POTD?

@And you also think that a post about her should be POTD?

I didn't say I wanted it to be, I said "it will be about her"
L2read.

Francoiss avatar Francois Yeah You Are +1Reply

I really hadn't heard about either until now. But, posts like these are really aggravating. Have you actually gone up to everyone in the world and asked them which is more important to them? Some people don't even know about one or the other, so they could only care about one. Of course a celebrities death is going to get lots of recognition, but it's people like you that compare it to something much worse, that make everyone seem like assholes. Both are tragic events.