+325

Even if you don't like her, you gotta respect Lady GaGa for being one of the few singers that doesn't use autotune, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar
2 17
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It should be expected that singers don't use autotune. They shouldn't get respect for not doing it, they should lose respect for doing it.

I don't use autotune either... Does this mean I get respect?

If you think lady gaga is "one of the few" that doesn't use autotune, you must listen to really crap music

There are plenty of cases where she's used autotune, even though she has such a gorgeous voice in love performances. It's a little disappointing to me, in my opinion, that a Juilliard-trained musician like Gaga can make awfully mediocre pieces. Not all, but some.

any good band doesn't use auto tune...and how do you know she doesn't?

I call BS. Basically every singer uses some autotune for studio recordings, and you can clearly hear it in many of her songs.

@CyniKill I call BS. Basically every singer uses some autotune for studio recordings, and you can clearly hear it in many...

I think they mean to a point that is unrecognizable/ etc. Just some electronifying is for a specific sound, not to replace her singing capabilities.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are +2Reply

Except she does. >3>
Everyone does. Some people utterly rework their songs with autotune, probably your meaning, and I'll accept Gaga probably doesn't do that. But why should I respect her when she's utterly ridiculous and hasn't done anything new with her entire career?

@Because she's a good singer and sends a good message to people...dick.

"Good singer"? I disagree. And I've failed to note any good message in her music.

And calling me a dick does absolutely nothing for your point.

@twistedfire "Good singer"? I disagree. And I've failed to note any good message in her music. And calling me a dick does...

Ahh so you're taking the "my opponent is an uncivilized brute and I won't stoop to his level" approach to this.

@Ahh so you're taking the "my opponent is an uncivilized brute and I won't stoop to his level" approach to this.

No, I'm taking the approach that insults are the last resort of those with no point to make.

@twistedfire No, I'm taking the approach that insults are the last resort of those with no point to make.

Not true, I can both insult you and make a point. Watch: you are poor. Also Lady GaGa has millions of fans and is on the radio a lot, so according to popular opinion, she is a good singer.

I like the singers who use auto tune to make the song sound better. Like some songs just sound better with auto tune, it just depends on how they use it.

People compare her to the likes of Kesha, but the fact of the matter is, she can actually sing!

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +1Reply

But she does overuse the stupid I V vi IV chord sequence that everyone else uses.

Chiffs avatar Chiff Yeah You Are 0Reply