+303

Little girls should have barbies, not make up. amirite?

TheSexyWaffles avatar
1 39
The voters have decided that TheSexyWaffle is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Ironic how the thing you're proposing is basically a model TOY to teach them whory-ness, instead of just cosmetics to make them look whory.

How about not giving little girls any perfectionist beauty-related things at all, and let them play with like cats or something.

@Nacklefoodle Ironic how the thing you're proposing is basically a model TOY to teach them whory-ness, instead of just cosmetics...

A barbie's just like any other doll. I'm pretty sure kids think they're not pretty enough because other kids tell them that, not because they look at barbie and want to be like her. Dolls aren't bad for kids. Most kids like them.

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +20Reply
@midnightcookies A barbie's just like any other doll. I'm pretty sure kids think they're not pretty enough because other kids tell...

Children are impressionable. Hell, some adults are impressionable. Give some kids a doll whose proportions are incompatible with life and, lo and hehold, some of them will want to make their own bodies incompatible with life. Sure, dolls aren't inherently bad for children, but some children may make conscious decisions on the basis of what their dolls - or indeed, their role models - look like.

How about they can play with dinosaurs or trucks if they want to, and if they want to become promiscuous (when they're older and can have safe, consensual sex) then we let them without using demeaning, sex-negative, gendered slurs.

But then they wouldn't be as sexy

Dude, I played with my mom's make up all the time when I was little. I had so many of those little lip gloss things they make for kids. Face it, little kids love to pretend to be grown up. Haven't we all played in one of those plastic kitchen sets, or drove in a plastic car? We all had a little fake cellphone and we even played Monopoly, a fake business game. Playing in a fake car doesn't make kids reckless drivers, having a fake cellphone didn't encourage going into the phone-sex business, playing Monopoly doesn't make us sadistic con-men, just like little kids playing with some makeup won't make them grow up to be a prostitute.

If a young girl wears a little bit of her mother's lipstick or blush while playing dress-up or going to an important event, I wouldn't care. But when girls wear eyeliner and all that crap on their eyes at a young age, it makes me sick. They don't understand how that will affect their self esteem and how it can damage their skin in the future.
Which is why I despise Toddlers and Tiaras. And it goes deeper than the makeup. They take sexualization to the next level.

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are +13Reply

How about little girls do whatever they want to in moderation? Times will change; that doesn't mean little kids can't follow their trends or whatever. Moderation is key.

The show Toddlers and Tiaras makes me sick

At first I thought that said "babies".

@Boufaka At first I thought that said "babies".

And you were like, "Well.... Yeah."

Me too! And I was like "aww HELL NAW!"

How about sticks instead? You can pretend sticks are all kinds of things, and none of them are beauty-related.

yea cool, little kids are using things teenagers and adults use when they're too young to use them.
we've gone over this enough.

Ridiculously young girls in all that makeup and crap don't even look real, they look like dolls.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +3Reply

How about neither?

@Runy How about neither?

How about people stop caring about others and let other people do what they want, because, hmm, I don't know, we have no right to judge?

@mchalla3 How about people stop caring about others and let other people do what they want, because, hmm, I don't know, we...

What are you on?
I'm giving my opinion and you're telling me not to judge other people's opinions on this?
Although my comment was vague yours simply makes no sense.

@Runy What are you on? I'm giving my opinion and you're telling me not to judge other people's opinions on this? Although...

No, that's not what I said. What I meant was you shouldn't judge or even concern yourself with the lives of others. Its like the gay marriage debate. People who aren't involved with these marriages are still protesting.

This reminds me of one of my visits to India where I was hanging out with girls my age (10) and a few much older (12-14) and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM owned some sort of doll or tea set. And everyday after school, they would meet and play with the dolls. At the time, I was so surprised and really confused since, back in America, I was used to seeing girls my age trying to flirt with guys and being covered in makeup, jewlery, and nailpolish...

Everytime I think about that, it really makes me take a step back and realize that, even though I'm a teenager, I'm still young enough to do what I did before--even if it's pretending to be the Queen at a tea party.

I know this doesn't entirely relate but, it just rang a bell. 

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +1Reply

This should be true of all girls

qwerty123s avatar qwerty123 Yeah You Are 0Reply