+424

When you're in high school being one or two years apart is a huge thing, but when you're an adult you couldn't care less, amirite?

Lovelesss avatar
3 12
The voters have decided that Loveless is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Even in high school it's not a big deal... a lot of my friends date upperclassmen.

.....There are at least 500 variations of this post already.

I'm friends with mostly seniors, and people that have already graduated, and I'm only a sophomore.

It's not just a social thing. It's mathematical. With each year older a person gets, the less significant that year is to that person's age. For instance when a baby turns two, he is double his previous age. But when a person turns say, 30, their age only went up by 1/30 of what it had been. So as you get older, each year matters less, which is why it becomes more normal, not only socially, to have a bigger age difference between partners.

@tag It's not just a social thing. It's mathematical. With each year older a person gets, the less significant that year...

Imagine a 1000 year old dating a 990 year old. The age difference would be completely insignificant. Now think of a 28 year old dating an 18 year old. See what I mean? Mathematically?

@tag Imagine a 1000 year old dating a 990 year old. The age difference would be completely insignificant. Now think of a...

28 year old is more than 1.5 times older than 18 year old, whereas 1000 is only 1.01 times older than 990 despite the same age gap.

This is such a huge problem in my school. Half the people think it's gross dating someone younger / older than you, the rest take it overboard to borderline pedophilia.

When you're older 10 years isn't even that much of a difference anymore (20 and 30 let's say) but God forbid you're 17 and you wanna date a 14 year old. Guess it's simply because of the whole "still growing" kinda thing

Francoiss avatar Francois Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Francois This is such a huge problem in my school. Half the people think it's gross dating someone younger / older than you...

Its because the younger one will lose innocence a lot faster if they are dating someone much older.

im not gonna date a 9 year old oh no im not

Quick question: does anyone else here think an 18 year old dating a 16 year old is gross? Why or why not?

@BowBowBow Quick question: does anyone else here think an 18 year old dating a 16 year old is gross? Why or why not?

No, it's not. I personally find a 3 year age difference to be the limit (although I'd stick with 2 years myself)
But 16 & 18 is fine, as they're both mentally mature enough to understand everything that's going on.

Francoiss avatar Francois Yeah You Are +6Reply