+478

It frustrates you when people criticize wikipedia because "Anyone can go on there and post stuff." Yeah, and how is that different from the rest of the internet? I could make my own webpage if I want, but that doesn't make the information valid. Also Wikipedia has moderators and references so it is probably more reliable than any other website, amirite?

JACK278s avatar
18 13
The voters have decided that JACK278 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Also some articles are locked so no one but the op can edit it.

Juliafaces avatar Juliaface Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Juliaface Also some articles are locked so no one but the op can edit it.

I didn't know JACK278 could edit wikipedia articles

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Serg I didn't know JACK278 could edit wikipedia articles

Well he can unless the article is locked

Juliafaces avatar Juliaface Yeah You Are +1Reply

Er I meant the OP of the wiki article whoever that may be

Juliafaces avatar Juliaface Yeah You Are -1Reply

i once read somewhere that there was a study that found the encyclopaedia britannica (i hope it's spelt right) has an average of 3 mistakes per article.. Small things like the spelling of someone's father's middle name.. And it takes between 6 months and 3 years to correct.. Wikipedia had an average of 4 mistakes per article and i'd say it gets corrected bit quicker..
I might be wrong.. I forget where i read this...

cup_a_snackis avatar cup_a_snacki Yeah You Are +3Reply

my friend changed it so it said Dorothy West (a novelist) started an all woman African American football league and it stayed for a year so yeah, no.

alright, I admit it. I'm just too lazy to look up other sites...

JACK278s avatar JACK278 Yeah You Are 0Reply