+210

When your favorite sports team wins, you say, "We won," like you're part of the team, amirite?

NotAllHeres avatar
1 5
The voters have decided that NotAllHere is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But when they lose, you say "they lost".

part of the city, part of the team. provide good atmosphere, it helps the team win. assuming youre not booing when they do good, the loss is not your fault

I actually read an article about a study that tested this phenomenon (might've been Social Identity Theory, I'm not sure). They'd call or talk to college students right before and after a huge sporting event feature their team. Beforehand, the students would always say something like, "We're gonna win!" and continued to say "We" if the game ended in victory. But if the home team lost, most of the students quickly switched to "THEY lost" and dissociated themselves. It's kind of common sense that people want to identify with victory over loss, but it was an interesting read nonetheless. /end psychology nerdgazm

@I actually read an article about a study that tested this phenomenon (might've been Social Identity Theory, I'm not...

According to my favourite hockey team, the Vancouver Canucks, 'We Are All Canucks'

BrownSugars avatar BrownSugar Yeah You Are 0Reply

かった! かった!