+244

The whole last meal thing for death penalty prisoners is kind pointless, it's not like it's gonna cheer up their day. It's just like "Hey, here's some lobster, i know it's your favorite. I made it with extra love. But you're still gonna die in a few hours, enjoy your meal.", amirite?

Handsys avatar
10 7
The voters have decided that Handsy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's to give them one last moment of pleasure before they die.

@Lanz It's to give them one last moment of pleasure before they die.

If you were about to die, would you really be able to enjoy food, let alone stomach it?

Handsys avatar Handsy Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Handsy If you were about to die, would you really be able to enjoy food, let alone stomach it?

If not, fine. If so, I would get the option. They feel it's only fair and respectful to allow someone who's going to die one last meal. It's a more humane and merciful thing to do than just not feed them.

@Lanz If not, fine. If so, I would get the option. They feel it's only fair and respectful to allow someone who's going...

True. I would pick the meal, but it would almost be more sad because it would remind me even more of the life I'd never see again.

Truthfully I am against the death penalty in general. But, as long as we have it, I thinks it makes the execution a little more humane. I see it as a respect thing, they aren't treating the prisoners like animals up for slaughter, they are treating them as a human being.

BP032s avatar BP032 No Way +4Reply

If you did something horrible enough to receive the death penalty, you don't deserve a last moment of pleasure.

@1398288

I don't respect murderers. Unless they're a special case, like Al Capone or someone cool like that.