+190

If all the odd numbers fell off of a calculator, it would become completely useless. But if the even numbers fell off, you could still use it if absolutely necessary, amirite?

8jtt9s avatar
1 19
The voters have decided that 8jtt9 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

umm you could still divide 2/2 then use that for whatever

@aclw123 umm you could still divide 2/2 then use that for whatever

That would be fine on a scientific calculator, but on a normal one that wouldn't really work all that well unless you are fairly good with the memory functions, i wasn't actually trying to make a completely 100% correct statement btw.

8jtt9s avatar 8jtt9 Yeah You Are 0Reply

All you'd really need is the 1 and 0. 0 because when you do decimals, you have to use 0 to put zeros after the decimal and before a number.

I don't get it

@I don't get it

if you add or subtract or even multiply an even number by another even number, the product will always be an even number. but if you do the same with 2 od numbers, they can be even or odd.
eg. 50 +50 =100
or 49+49+1=100
but you couldnt get an odd number out of even numbers
of course you could divide the even number by itself to get one...so there is a loophole

siddysid96s avatar siddysid96 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@siddysid96 odd*

I already acknowledged that it would be possible to get an even number on the calculator, but if it wasn't scientific and you weren't awesome with the memory functions it still wouldn't be all that much help. If it was scientific and you could use brackets then i would agree. I can't believe how many people are going into so much detail over this, it was just a random thought while i was completing an expense claim at work lol.

8jtt9s avatar 8jtt9 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@1387663

If you need the calculator for that, you would be useless =]

8jtt9s avatar 8jtt9 Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1387663

Just to be clear, i didn't actually mean you personally.

8jtt9s avatar 8jtt9 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1389563

If you can do in in your head there is no need for the calculator, the calculator couldn't do any sum/equation necessary to make it useful. I really wasn't trying to be all that precise anyway.

8jtt9s avatar 8jtt9 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I like how you think. This never crossed my mind before.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Shugah I like how you think. This never crossed my mind before.

Up until yesterday it hadn't crossed mine either, i've been wondering for hours now how the thought came to be there.

8jtt9s avatar 8jtt9 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Um, I know it's probably really obvious but I don't get it. Explanation someone ?

@Um, I know it's probably really obvious but I don't get it. Explanation someone ?

If all the odd numbers fell off a calculator, you couldn't add/multiply to get any odd numbers, since evens always create more evens. Odd numbers, though, can be added to create even numbers, thus making it extremely annoying to use, but still possible to use.

twistedfires avatar twistedfire Yeah You Are +6Reply

lol i love how this turned into a big debate with loop holes and all that jazz. its a really good post though