+309

'Chai' is not a flavour of tea, it just simply means tea in Hindi. So calling it 'chai tea' is totally redundant, amirite?

LovelyGreens avatar Food & Drink
10 32
The voters have decided that LovelyGreen is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1391528

In what language does Sahara mean desert?

Btw, you forgot "ATM machine"

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +5Reply
@1391528

Yes! These things actually annoy me so much

LovelyGreens avatar LovelyGreen Yeah You Are 0Reply

Chai tea...tai chi...coincidence? I think not

@davejavu Chai tea...tai chi...coincidence? I think not

"The parts are there, somebody make something of it." Also, I thought something along the line of that.

haha oh my god! i always say this to my friends and they're like yeah yeah yeah you're indian, we get it you know this stuff. and i'm like...piss off haha

tennisgrl95s avatar tennisgrl95 Yeah You Are +8Reply
@tennisgrl95 haha oh my god! i always say this to my friends and they're like yeah yeah yeah you're indian, we get it you know...

SAME WITH ME. I tell people that it's either chai, or tea. Chai tea is like saying 'tea tea'. They say it's just because I'm brown, but I can't be the ONLY one.

theycallmereemas avatar theycallmereema Yeah You Are +3Reply

Almost as bad as saying "sombrero hat"

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +4Reply

Chai also means tea in Russian.

@DurzoBlint Chai also means tea in Russian.

I thought "vodka" was tea in Russian.

Or MLB Baseball.

I voted No Way because it's not only in Hindi. Caj (pronounced the same way) also means tea in the Serbo-Croation language. & I bet some others as well.

tea_s avatar tea_ No Way +1Reply
@tea_ I voted No Way because it's not only in Hindi. Caj (pronounced the same way) also means tea in the Serbo-Croation...

Why would you vote no way because the person didn't know that it wasn't only in that language? It's still stupid, and redundant.

@tea_ Because that's what the whole post was implying.

That "Chai" means tea in Hindi? No, it's implying that saying "chai tea" is redundant.

I know many countries use the same word, I was just making it more general for the amirite public who may not know those languages as well. Sorry, I guess

LovelyGreens avatar LovelyGreen Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1399433

Serb-Croation is the official language for the Former Yugoslavia countries, but yeah I thought it was like that for Slavs but I wasn't sure so I wasn't going to write it in case I was wrong :)

tea_s avatar tea_ No Way 0Reply
@1400254

Lol the official language is called Serbo-Croation but then we split it up because of our dialects.

tea_s avatar tea_ No Way 0Reply

Someone needs to Tell some tea companies that because I have Chai tea in my cupboard >.<

Chai at Starbucks tastes nothing like authentic chai :/ In fact, chai doesn't taste a lot like tea either.

Rainbowss avatar Rainbows Yeah You Are 0Reply

"I made you some Tea." "What flavor is it?" "Chai flavor!"

Apathys avatar Apathy Yeah You Are 0Reply

I didn't know that...now I know not to say "chai tea"! Thanks :D

smj21s avatar smj21 Yeah You Are -1Reply