+1,355

Watching The Ring nowadays is almost silly. I mean, for one, videotapes are hardly threatening. And if some random girl called you and said, "Seven days," you'd probably think, "Who the fuck? I need to take my number off Facebook." And even if you saw that chick climbing out of the TV, you'd be like, "Damn this 3D TV shit is getting insane." amirite?

Rockys avatar
167 81
The voters have decided that Rocky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If you have VCR AND a 3D TV, you are the most technologically confused person ever.

@1396415

No you're just hoarders

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +13Reply

"If you watch this videotape, you will die in 7 days."
"...what's a videotape?"

If some chick had called and said 'Seven days.' I would just do redial. They'd by like
'Hello this is some chick fallen down a well may, i ask who's speaking?'
'Ummm yeah... you just called and said 'Seven days'...'
'Yeah that's when you're gonna die.'
'Pft, yeah right, what you smoken' bro?'

"Seven days..."
"No comprehendo."
"Siete días..."
moment ruined

@1396521

Yeah, I realized that about 5 seconds after the edit ran out. I was never really that good at Spanish, anyway.

But what would happen if you watched the tape over again on the sixth day? Would that get you an extension? Is watching the tape sort of like catching AIDS in that you'll be able to live a normal life, you'll just have to take medication/watch this tape over and over and put up with creepy phone calls every day for the rest of your life? What if you went out to a cabin in the wilderness where there were no phones? Would that put the whole thing on pause? And what if you headed to a hospital and had a team of doctors waiting around to save your life on the seventh day?
I dunno, the whole thing's too complicated. What kind of ghost relies on technology in this constantly changing world?

@FlyingGuineaPig Which idea? I had, like three...

My bad, I meant the first two sentences. The "But what would happen if you watched the tape over again on the sixth day? Would that get you an extension?"

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are +5Reply

the ring still scares me ;n;

@Javvie the ring still scares me ;n;

Not gonna get married any time soon?

Sinners avatar Sinner No Way +41Reply
@Javvie the ring still scares me ;n;

Can someone please explain that face to me?

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +24Reply
@Dwight Can someone please explain that face to me?

Person with tribal face paint. A warrior of the Emoti-Con tribe I believe.

DictatorCourtneys avatar DictatorCourtney Yeah You Are +12Reply
@DictatorCourtney Person with tribal face paint. A warrior of the Emoti-Con tribe I believe.

Ahh... So it must be a motivational symbol about how if you work hard, eat right, and stay in school, you will one day be an acorn that blossoms into a thousand forests of gratitude and love. It's the only thing that makes sense in the situation...

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Dwight Ahh... So it must be a motivational symbol about how if you work hard, eat right, and stay in school, you will one...

Or a Pagan Idol. We'll find out if a bunch of commies start worshipping it, or a bunch of people with low self-esteem start crying.

@1396419

Just walk away. It walks so slow you could probably make a sandwich (no sexist pun intended) on your way out.

@1397967

"Someone's crawling to us! HOLY SHIT I HAVE NO WAY TO GET OUT!"

if she came out of my T.V. honestly I would just stab the fucker.

The worst part of getting POTD is my post gets overriden with people being stupid and trying to be funny for popularity.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +10Reply
Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Rocky

wary smilie amidoinitrite?

pb55020s avatar pb55020 Yeah You Are +2Reply

I yya'd even though it scares me d smilie

fatimas avatar fatima Yeah You Are +9Reply
@fatima I yya'd even though it scares me

I yya'd even though I've never seen it d smilie

Expelliarmuss avatar Expelliarmus Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Expelliarmus I yya'd even though I've never seen it

I yya'd even though I don't agree with the post d smilie

Nonsense_Narwhals avatar Nonsense_Narwhal Yeah You Are +17Reply
@Nonsense_Narwhal I yya'd even though I don't agree with the post

I YYA'd even though I haven't posted my number on Facebook

ThatOneNuts avatar ThatOneNut Yeah You Are +8Reply

I haven't seen it but it still scares me :$

fatimas avatar fatima Yeah You Are +4Reply
@fatima I haven't seen it but it still scares me :$

It doesn't really scare me since this is the first I hear about it wary smilie

Expelliarmuss avatar Expelliarmus Yeah You Are +5Reply
Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +5Reply
fatimas avatar fatima Yeah You Are +5Reply
@fatima Your point...? :x

You said it scares you silly.
...d smilie

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Rocky You said it scares you silly. ...

it's like you don't know me at all

No one really watches tapes anymore anyways :/

idesirees avatar idesiree Yeah You Are +7Reply
@idesiree No one really watches tapes anymore anyways :/

If the ring were set present day the majority of the movie would be spent looking for a VCR.

"videotapes are hardly threatening."
You don't want to know what videotapes did to my grandpa.

@HastyCroissant I do.

He used to stick his pecker in the white holes to masturbate. One day he mistaked a knife for a videotape and the next he was sterile.

pb55020s avatar pb55020 Yeah You Are +9Reply
@pb55020 He used to stick his pecker in the white holes to masturbate. One day he mistaked a knife for a videotape and the...

OK, several things here...

1) What the fuck...I don't even...what...
2) How did you discover that he masburbated using video tapes?
C) How small must his dick have been?!
4) How do you confuse a videotape with a knife?
5) What the fuck...

HastyCroissants avatar HastyCroissant Yeah You Are +39Reply

I would sort of be scared if that girl came out of my TV but look at her, she comes out of your TV looking like that and she acts like she wants to kill you. I wouldn't want to be around her.

fuck it, something came came out of my screen I'd try to turn off the TV, and if that goes bad, run for the fucking door, cuz you gotta get out of there only idiots think its good idea to stay when the super natural happens.

alittleannoyeds avatar alittleannoyed Yeah You Are +1Reply

I thought this movie was quite funny. Every time she'd say "7 days" or it showed like the blurry faces or like she was crawling around, i'd burst out laughing.

Although I would like to point out that the nail going through the finger nail, and when she pulled that thing out of her mouth it made me cringe! That's some messed up shit yo.

I was the 666th YYA...muwahahaha

THAT_Girls avatar THAT_Girl Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1396530

I was thinking of watching it, but I'll probably be too afraid to look at a TV every again.

Rainbowss avatar Rainbows Yeah You Are +2Reply

I saw that movie when I was 6 and my 11 year old brothers were more scared than me. I just think it's funny.

It's weird... Couldn't you just throw out your TV and stay inside that day. I mean it can only happen that day right?

it's a ghost that comes out of the TV. . . SHE'S A ROTOM!!!

If that ring girl came into my house I would probably beat her to death with a cro-bar and get my Pikachu to use thunderbolt on her since electric is super effective against ghost.

EpicFlameSwords avatar EpicFlameSword Yeah You Are -19Reply
@EpicFlameSword If that ring girl came into my house I would probably beat her to death with a cro-bar and get my Pikachu to use...

You sound like the kind of person who goes outside and tries to turn down the brightness level

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +61Reply

Wow, fail. Electric-type attacks are only super effective against Water and Flying Pokémon. So unless that Samara bitch can FLY or MAKE IT RAIN or some shit like that, IT'D JUST HAVE A REGULAR EFFECT ON HER. Get yo' shit together, homie.