+264

It would be pretty weird if, one day, a dictator named John Smith arose and ordered a mass persecution of an ethnicity. After he was defeated, everyone with the first name "John" and/or last name "Smith" would want their name changed so as to not be associated with the dictator in any way, and both of those names would become pretty non-existent, amirite?

RobotDevils avatar
7 17
The voters have decided that RobotDevil is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There would be a family come along and name their kid John so they can cause some controversy.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +11Reply

Hey. What's up?

John_Smiths avatar John_Smith Yeah You Are +7Reply
@John_Smith Hey. What's up?

Don't act all friendly to me! And don't think that I don't know what you're planning, Smith!

RobotDevils avatar RobotDevil Yeah You Are +3Reply
@RobotDevil Don't act all friendly to me! And don't think that I don't know what you're planning, Smith!

One might think that the robot devil would be more apt to help conquer humanity.

John_Smiths avatar John_Smith Yeah You Are +1Reply
RobotDevils avatar RobotDevil Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1402470

And you shall be spared from doom.

John_Smiths avatar John_Smith Yeah You Are +2Reply

There are still people in Germany named Adolf.

@AtheisticMystic There are still people in Germany named Adolf.

Well, I for one would want my name changed after that happened.

RobotDevils avatar RobotDevil Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yeah, you might find an Adolf around still, but someone with the last name Hitler wouldn't go name their first son that, I would like to believe. I can't imagine names like John or Smith falling out of popularity, though. John has remained popular for centuries.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are 0Reply

I don't think anybody stopped using the name 'Robert', and I'm pretty sure Mogabe is a dictator.

Yeah, but no one's actually called John Smith. Except the Doctor occasionally.

Anonymous