+362

It's uncomfortable and disheartening hearing young kids curse nowadays. Especially because when you were that age you were an awkward little spaz playing with Power Ranger action figures, amirite?

fkyo_couchs avatar
18 14
The voters have decided that fkyo_couch is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There was an eight year old girl in line next to me once & she started swearing out of nowhere & all I could think was at that age, "stupid" was still a terrible word, what happened in the ten years from 90s kids to 00s kids?

Giganotorex273s avatar Giganotorex273 Yeah You Are +10Reply

No I wasn't. . .

528491s avatar 528491 No Way +8Reply

Seriously, I think the "what's happening with kids these days" posts are highly exaggerated. You probably didn't curse as a child because you didn't have your parents cursing right in front of your faces. These kids don't know any better.

@Rainbows Seriously, I think the "what's happening with kids these days" posts are highly exaggerated. You probably didn't...

No, my parents, older siblings & their friends swore like truck drivers around me all the time. But my parents made sure I knew better than to swear, and if I ever did, I would be punished.

@Rainbows Makes what less true?

Just because the circumstances may be different doesn't mean it's an exaggeration, and it doesn't make the statement (children cursing is weird) any less true.

fkyo_couchs avatar fkyo_couch Yeah You Are +2Reply

I don't like how people on this site born in the mid to late 90s think that they are from a completely different world or something.

@1411611

I had that toy too!
Ahh, the memories.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are 0Reply

The other day, my 8 year old cousin said "fuck." I was so shocked. When I was 8, I told on someone for calling my friend "stupid head."

When I was a kid I was terrified to say sucks or crap until I was around 12. Now I swear like a sailor. There are 9 and 10 year olds in my neighborhood with horrible manners. They are very disrespectful and they also curse. If they were my siblings they would get a spanking.

musicals avatar musical Yeah You Are -1Reply