+82

If you were really rich, you'd go around giving hobos hundred dollar bills, amirite?

burntbreads avatar
1 26
The voters have decided that burntbread is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That is almost my life's dream. To have enough money to just give away to people on the street.
Just frolic around going "Here ya go, here ya go, here ya go," until someone realizes I'm carrying around hundreds of hundred dollar bills and mugs me or something.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +39Reply

No. They could be a drug addict. I would buy them meals but not give them cash.

Shuns avatar Shun No Way +32Reply
@Shun No. They could be a drug addict. I would buy them meals but not give them cash.

You could buy them a nice sleeping bag or treat them to a really nice restaurant.

I'd probably buy them a sleeping bag and/or blanket, a pillow, some water, some bread, and 50 bucks. And maybe even a cheap tent or large box so they have a private place to smoke rocks.

They could be, but $100 would last longer than a meal. Unless you were gonna buy $100 in meals, then they'd go bad. I don't care if they're drug addicts, I don't care what they do with it. I'd be a crackhead too if I was a hobo.

Why would you not care what they do with the money? If I was kind enough to give a stranger money and they threw it away on drugs, I would be pissed. Just because your life isn't going well, you don't have to turn to drugs.

Normas avatar Norma No Way +3Reply

If I chose to give it to them, they can do whatever they want with it because it's theirs now and they need it more than I do. No, they don't need to but fact is some do. I'd be rich, I don't care what they do with it cuz either they buy food and maybe drugs or I buy clothes and pot. They need their crack more than I need my clothes and pot. Not need. But you get it. For the record, I am putting you down for this, I'm just saying what I'd do.

I agree with you cole, but I would still buy them a meal or food that wouldn't go bad for awhile. But if I had a lot of time as well as a lot of money I would help them get back on their feet. I.e. help them get a job.

This is somewhat unrelated but there was an old lady who was asking around because she needed money for the bus so she asked me and I gave her a dollar.

She went inside a convience store, took out more money, and bought a pack of cigarettes.

I would love to give waitresses crazy good tips

I'd get them hotel rooms and pay it off for a few months so they had somewhere nice to sleep and could shower then I'd get them some new clothes.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are +9Reply

I'd buy them a really fancy dinner. Then like eight thousand cheeseburgers.

@That's stupid.

Care to explain why?

Actually, one of my life goals is to build a boarding school that accept homeless kids into a work study program where a percent of the money would go to their families but most would be saved up until they graduate the school. The idea have so many flaws right now but someday...

I would buy $100 gift cards to cheap restaurants and give those out. Yeah, they could still sell it for drugs, but at least it's more likely that they will use it for food. Once I start getting a killer income, I plan on living a pretty modest lifestyle and spending a good half of it on charity and community needs.

Yes I would, but only once. If you keep giving them money, they won't try to benefit their lives by themselves and just rely on everyone else. The situation needs tough love.

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are 0Reply

I would give him or her some decent clothes and a bunch of ziploc bags. Then we'd both go to a buffet and I'd be like "Take some food in the bags and hide it!" and then we'd eat and leave and THEN I would give them $100.

SuperSukhs avatar SuperSukh Yeah You Are -1Reply

I MUST DO THIS.
I've always wanted to.