+278

You wonder why people tell you if you ever encounter a bear to stay still and act like you are dead... I mean, if I was a bear the first thing that will come to my mind is "awesome, now i don't have to go looking for food", amirite?

A_Einsteins avatar
9 27
The voters have decided that A_Einstein is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

All of these comments say very different things. I have no idea what to do if a bear attacks me.

@1425822

Yeah, I was serious, I definitely go to amirite? to find out important things like this...

You're supposed to act like you're dead because bears like their prey live (because, fresh meat as opposed to possibly rotted meat). The bear may bat you around a bit to make sure you're really dead, but as long as you stay still enough, you'll survive the encounter.
(I got this from someone who lived in Alaska, where bear attacks are apparently a pretty real threat.)

@1425827

Yeah, that's why I try to stay faaaar away from bears. o_o''
But it's good to know what to do if you're in a life/death situation...

@1425841

Same here... there's been some random bears in my neighborhood, but I've never actually seen one.

@1420383

Actually in certain areas the predators adapted to the loud noises, they realised it was easy prey. They would chase the noises then eat the source.
True story.

@1425752

This was in like Africa and with lions. Lol. People would flee their country through the plains and the lions would go towards the sounds because they realised it was easy prey:P

@1425821

In the first comment I said "in certain areas" and "the predators" never mentioned bears.

@1425834

Yeah but it's still misleading haha

I would run. Even if it didn't work i would still have something to do for the last couple of seconds of my life.

Then your intelligence is below that of a bear's. They don't eat you because the bears thinks you were killed by disease and thus you are contagious. Still found it funny so I up'd it

SmartSpoons avatar SmartSpoon Yeah You Are +1Reply
@SmartSpoon Then your intelligence is below that of a bear's. They don't eat you because the bears thinks you were killed by...

Or, maybe the bear is thinking "Holy ****! That guy just got shot! I should get out of here!"

__________s avatar __________ Yeah You Are +8Reply

I heard your supposed to punch them in the nose, like sharks.