-52

It's silly how women want men to read their minds. I mean, it's like expecting an English major to read shit like Twilight or Harry Potter. There's much better stuff out there, amirite?

2 33
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

NEVER INSULT HARRY POTTER IN FRONT OF ME.

@BlackStar NEVER INSULT HARRY POTTER IN FRONT OF ME.

Fuck Harry Potter with a splintery post.

I was gonna comment 'inb4 Harry Potter fan tries to defend it as literature', but I can see I dropped the ball on that one.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Courage_Wolf I was gonna comment 'inb4 Harry Potter fan tries to defend it as literature', but I can see I dropped the ball on...

So yes, Harry Potter is still literature but it's just that OP failed to see it.

Still not Twilight.

Literature: writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features, as poetry, novels, history, biography, and essays.

Ok, so you said "OP basically says outright that men have the intelligence of english majors compared to women."
What OP was doing was comparing two completely different instances in an analogy.

example: ketchup is to hot dogs as oil is to door
hinges

You put ketchup on hot dogs, you put oil on door hinges. It works.

And you can't make a statement like "ketchup and oil are the same because they taste bad, especially compared to hot dogs" based on that analogy, because it said nothing about taste or flavor. And bringing hot dogs into the statement also makes no sense because ketchup and hot dogs are completely different from oil and door hinges. It's not the things themselves that are being compared, it's the relationship BETWEEN them.

Do I make sense?

And here we have yet another example of a post being downvoted simply because it mentioned Harry Potter in a negative fashion.

@WolfeDeWary And here we have yet another example of a post being downvoted simply because it mentioned Harry Potter in a...

I down voted it because I don't thin it's a good comparison. An English major's taste in literature is nothing like some women's unrealistic expectations of men.

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky No Way +13Reply

Too bad you're more like a liberal arts major troll smilie

My 7th grade English teacher really loved Twilight.

@Statefarm My 7th grade English teacher really loved Twilight.

Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't make it to highscore either.

@name: Not all teachers think the epitome of work is at highschool >_>

Oh fuck. Sorry, was playing minesweeper at the time :(

names avatar name Yeah You Are -3Reply

Oh? So a teacher who ended up as a middle school teacher liked a certain book? Maybe there is a reason she didn't get to highscore.

names avatar name Yeah You Are -10Reply
@1422811

Neither is Harry Potter.

I'm an English major and I've read both of them. It's not like we limit ourselves to books deemed as classics ot anything.
There's a different between liking a book for the writing and liking a book for the plot.

My jaw dropped at reading this :O

How sad, I had more faith in your 7th grade English Teacher.

As for Harry Potter, well, I think i'll let the indignity of being mentioned in the same post go unsaid. Wait, too late.