+312

It's actually pretty annoying when people are like "lol i didn't read the summer reading book, i'm gonna go spark note it". It's not that hard to read a book over 3 months, amirite?

xorachelxos avatar
4 37
The voters have decided that xorachelxo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I hate when people are like "I have 2 days to read a 350 page book. Screw [whatever school they go to]!" You screwed yourself by not starting when the list came out 3 months ago.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are +17Reply
@brunetterox915 I hate when people are like "I have 2 days to read a 350 page book. Screw [whatever school they go to]!" You...

Unless your teacher actually gives you 2 days to read a 350 page book (one of my teachers im going to have does do stuff like that)

No amount of time is enough to read a bad/boring book....

You only have to read one book?

It's not hard to read a book over 3 months, it's hard to read a book in the few days before school starts.

xorachelxos avatar xorachelxo Yeah You Are +8Reply
@xorachelxo yeah but you shouldn't be stupid and wait til the last few days before school

I'm not saying I do it personally, I was just trying to be a smart ass.

Summer reading? As in, without work accompanying it? Sounds nice.

To the people who disagreed: ono smilie

'Summer reading' actually exists? Not where I'm from.

It's really annoying, but I still do it.

Because everyone just sits around all summer and has nothing to do. (/sarcasm)

@vitaminb Because everyone just sits around all summer and has nothing to do. (/sarcasm)

because it takes soooo long to read a 300 page book right? no. you can be busy everyday and read in the morning or before you go to bed

xorachelxos avatar xorachelxo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@xorachelxo because it takes soooo long to read a 300 page book right? no. you can be busy everyday and read in the morning or...

Some kids honestly don't have time

Take me, for example. I have a job, I'm in marching band (a huge summer time commitment), I teach a summer school class, I have to do college applications, summer homework for other classes, and I'm a horribly slow reader. Some kids honestly don't have time.

@1425028

that's different. at least you try. they don't even have the book

@1425028

i hated that book soo much. we had to read bits and pieces of it when i took AP lit.
it made me feel like an idiot, cause i wasn't seeing any of the things THEY were seeing in the sample pieces.

@1425028

I know what that feels like, it happens to me all the time. That is the exact reason why I hate English and think it is the most BS class ever. And I'm required to take 4 years of it.

I just read my whole summer reading book today and we go back on Wednesday :/

HA. Today was my first day of school (Freshie! woot woot...lolno) I had to read Ender's Game and a Tree Grows in Brooklyn over the summer. I read them both at the start but reread them over the last few days. I'm in Honors English, first period, and we had a test first thing. One of the girls in my class got soo freaked out saying, "Wait, test? FUCK I knew I should of read it" and I was like "Bitch why you even in here?"

Except for I'm not cool so I just silently chortled to myself.

/coolstorybro

@OvergrownTurkey HA. Today was my first day of school (Freshie! woot woot...lolno) I had to read Ender's Game and a Tree Grows in...

both of those books are amazing. you're lucky you got those for your summer reading. freshmen year i got uncle tom's cabin and the bean trees -__-

@moustache both of those books are amazing. you're lucky you got those for your summer reading. freshmen year i got uncle...

Ah we have to do reading logs on those. The only book on the list I read was to Kill a Mockingbird, the author of which I was named after so I read it in like, fourth grade.

My algebra teacher used to go to a magnet school and she said they had to read 8 books during the summer and the summer before her junior year, she was required to read a book that was 3000 pages long. It was on the history of something, but I can't remember what.

I had to read The Grapes of Wrath and Their Eyes were Watching God for my AP English lit and comp class and about half the people in the class didn't read it. It annoys me so much but I can't wait til they all fail.

karen_xoxos avatar karen_xoxo Yeah You Are 0Reply

The once and future king... kill me now

This is why SparkNotes was invented

@1424955

Why are you talking to yourself?