+263

A NASCAR driver calling themselves an athlete for driving a car is like me calling myself a chef for using a microwave, amirite?

grovemcks avatar
7 11
The voters have decided that grovemck is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Well, you could be Chef Boyardee..

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1425480

Yeah, I don't think I could drive like they drive, but my definition of an athlete doesn't include people who drive cars for a living.

grovemcks avatar grovemck Yeah You Are +4Reply

I can drive faster and turn lefter than you can!

Bad comparison

@MonkeyBubbleWrap Bad comparison

The car is moving for you, and the microwave is working for you.

Oh but they are so sweaty and G forces and GET ME ANOTHER BUCKET OF CHICKEN WOMAN they're good drivers and they're totally athletes and if you don't think so I'll stick this here gun up your ass!

I actually went to a NASCAR race once. It's really not just cars driving around in circles, half the race is spent on "pause" (the cars don't move/are in the pitstop) because of some accident. Although, it's kinda awesome to see the cars crash into each other.

Protip: If you ever do go to a NASCAR race, bring a pillow or something to sit on because the bleachers are metal and they hurt to sit on. Also the food is really expensive.

I'm not a fan of NASCAR, but I gotta respect the drivers. They're in extremely hot cars for several hours. That has to be taxing on the body. They also have to have insanely fast reactions. I mean, they're going 200 mph on the straights and not all that much slower on the turns. Could you handle a car going that fast?