+1,163

Its awesome how you can feel happy, sad, scared or aroused just because of the arrangement of pixels on your screen, amirite?

TheRaftsmans avatar
53 70
The voters have decided that TheRaftsman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

smile smilie

(cry2)

wary smilie

hello smilie

But mostly, lolwut smilie

@lonely_jew (cry2) But mostly,

I have enjoyed your little picture/emoticon comments on the POTD.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Shugah I have enjoyed your little picture/emoticon comments on the POTD.

I like emoticons. They express feelings in a visual way, which is much easier than describing (I felt like doing that thing with my eyebrows that makes it look like I saw something with a sexual innuendo) or doing an "action" (eyes moving back and forth with a slight frown). And when you put multiple together, it's like a face party!

goo smilie yum smilie puke smilie See here, the guy on the left likes what the guy in the middle is doing with his tongue, while the guy on the right finds it disgusting. hello smilie

@lonely_jew ...

hello to you too

Or doomed. online exam results

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +38Reply
@Albert_Einstein E

E's pretty good, just one worse than O. Can't go wrong with Exceeds Expectations!

@1433850

That whacka kid edited his comment. It said D. Then I said E

@Albert_Einstein That whacka kid edited his comment. It said D. Then I said E

Should of screen shotted. I did it once, it brought me down, and I never cheated to get to the top of the POTD comment page again.

@1433869

It seems that this prosecutor Bearslayer has changed his comment saying how changing comments is bad. hmm smilie

@1433921

The mods deleted our string of comments which explained why I said "E"..

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are 0Reply

Now I'm stuck thinking about ALL the people that jerk off to pixels.

Wasn't there a POTD like this before? I could just be misremembering, I guess... hmm smilie

For a second, I thought you meant at the same time, that would be a really weird feeling.

The arrangement of pixels can also make you feel...any emotion, especially if you are an over-emotional basket case.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +12Reply

You can't really say it's the ''arrangement'' of pixels because pixels always stay in the same place. It's actually the colour of each individual pixel and how all of the colours come together to form text, a picture, a video, etc.

xkcd.com/722/

TheRaftsmans avatar TheRaftsman Yeah You Are +11Reply

that's the same thing as saying you can feel that way because of the arrangement of molecules on the earth

Or be arrested...

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +4Reply

I once felt sad about getting scared by something silly, so to cheer myself up I decided to go to my computer and make myself happy. After a few minutes of being aroused, I came onto the screen somehow rearranging the pixels.

where are the studies on this?

Ffet_Wobbus avatar Ffet_Wobbu Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Ffet_Wobbu where are the studies on this?

You can find all the studies on arousal based on pixels on "pornhub.com"

@amiritesucksnow You can find all the studies on arousal based on pixels on "pornhub.com"

Wait... this isn't some trick that will take me to a porn site again with my grandparents in the room, right?

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +49Reply
@1433947

Well that was disappointing.

TheRaftsmans avatar TheRaftsman Yeah You Are +24Reply

This actually raises quite a good question. Does a computer-printed picture have the same, however minute, pixelation that it has on a computer?

@Whacka This actually raises quite a good question. Does a computer-printed picture have the same, however minute...

If the picture has a resolution less than the native resolution of your display, it will look the same printed as on the screen. Printers can't add more detail than the original image contains. As a guide, monitors usually have a resolution between 1280 x 800 (10-13 inch screen) up to 2560 x 1600 (27-30 inch). To give you an idea, a 3.1 megapixel (3,100,000 pixels) camera takes pictures at a resolution of 2048 × 1536.

If the image has a higher resolution than your screen, unless you zoom in some of the detail will not be visible. However, printers are capable of printing at far higher resolutions than screens can currently display - about 300dpi (dots per inch) while screens are usually around 72dpi, so it should be able to show much more detail than your screen if the image resolution is high enough.

The more you know!

amirite arouses me
is that bad

tyreeshajoness avatar tyreeshajones Yeah You Are +2Reply

Actually 60% of my emotions while watching movies are due to the sound... I can be watching a horror on silent and be like "whatever" but as soon as I put sound on, I get scared witless.

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are +2Reply

well i guess it's not exactly that, it's what the pixels imply.

ClaireTheBozos avatar ClaireTheBozo Yeah You Are -3Reply

it weird how the arrangement of pixels next to a post determines how important an opinion is for a day.

rivals avatar rival Yeah You Are -3Reply

This is the POTD.

@Wooden_Mallet This is the POTD.

It may be an irrelevant comment, but its still impressive that a wooden mallet can type coherently.

HastyCroissants avatar HastyCroissant Yeah You Are +29Reply
@Wooden_Mallet This is the POTD.

That is a retarded comment.

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +22Reply
@Serg That is a retarded comment.

Hey, don't make fun of this guy, he figured this out ALL BY HIMSELF. I'm impressed.

@DandyLion Hey, don't make fun of this guy, he figured this out ALL BY HIMSELF. I'm impressed.

It's not only a guy, it's a wooden mallet. Give him some props, people.

@Wooden_Mallet This is the POTD.

No it's not. It's just an illusion. Nothing here is real. I'm not real, and you're not even real. We live in a mixed up world of lies, confusion and pain.

@Wooden_Mallet This is the POTD.

No, that is comment number 1,433,937, but I can see your confusion.

@Wooden_Mallet This is the POTD.

Sarcastic quote about your comment.

Javvies avatar Javvie Yeah You Are +12Reply
@Wooden_Mallet This is the POTD.

WHOA! I never would have guessed!

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Wooden_Mallet This is the POTD.

Good Observation Sir... And you are a Wooden_Mallet.

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Wooden_Mallet This is the POTD.

It seems as though 20 anons just disliked all of the replies to this comment...?

Anyone else imagine pixels as the colorful Verizon guys from the commercial.

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are -15Reply