+316

The school calender messes up your view of the real calender. ie. You feel like the year starts August/September not January and that the week starts on Monday not Sunday, amirite?

BlackPhoenixs avatar
0 25
The voters have decided that BlackPhoenix is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

doesn't a week begin on Monday anyway? or has my whole life been a lie..

In Spain, weeks start on Monday.

My school starts in January and ends in December.

@ilikefurrywolves4815 you have school the entire year? 0_0

I'm from the same place as strawberrymoo. No, we don't. We have four terms. The dates aren't the same every year, but bascially school starts in mid-January until late March. There's a holiday for a week or two. Then term 2 is until mid-late June. Then there's a 3 week winter holiday. Term 3 is mid-July until the end of September. Then there's about a week of holidays. Term 4 lasts until sometime in the first 2 weeks of December, then we have the longest holiday - summer holiday - for around a month and a week 'til the next year starts next January.
I think it makes more sense for school so start and end like the normal year does, in January & December.

@silvershadow6 I'm from the same place as strawberrymoo. No, we don't. We have four terms. The dates aren't the same every year...

If your in a different part of the world it makes sense, because the hottest part of your year is in Decemeber/ January. But we don't want to be having summer vacation in the snow, thus why we have it in July and August when the sun is hot and we can be out and enjoying it

BlackPhoenixs avatar BlackPhoenix Yeah You Are +2Reply

the week does start on Monday silly

for a few countries (im assuming all english speaking countries, not sure about aussies) week starts on sunday

names avatar name No Way +1Reply
@1426456

thank you kind sir

BlackPhoenixs avatar BlackPhoenix Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1426991

i know :p I call everyone sir

Wow, I cannot imagine school starting in September...that is so strange! lol

it totally depends on where you live...in some Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia, the weekend is Thursday/Friday, so the week starts on Saturday... o.O

fantasticos avatar fantastico Yeah You Are -1Reply
@fantastico it totally depends on where you live...in some Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia, the weekend is...

I understand that, like I knew before some people start school in January but I was going by the majority

BlackPhoenixs avatar BlackPhoenix Yeah You Are +1Reply
Anonymous