+191

Earthquake of August 2011: The most exciting thing to happen in New Jersey since the meteor falling. amirite?

AnnabethPercyGrover1s avatar
3 25
The voters have decided that AnnabethPercyGrover1 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I live in DC. Think about how exciting that was for me.

@I live in DC. Think about how exciting that was for me.

I know, I heard it was like 5.9 on the rector scale. But since nothing happens in New Jersey it was like... 'Holy crap! A truck just drove by... No wait, it was an earthquake!'

@Was it scary? Haha

It was fun hahaha.

@AnnabethPercyGrover1 It was fun hahaha.

I didn't get to feel it :(
There were only two earthquakes in NJ in my lifetime that I know of. The first was a 2.0, I slept through it. -___- My dad felt it at church when the pews were shaking lol.
The second was this recent one, we didn't feel it at our house but my dad figured something was off when his chair started shaking.

I never thought anything (much less an earthquake) happened here. Was it wrong that I thought "This is awesome" when it hit?

turquoiseblue18s avatar turquoiseblue18 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@AnnabethPercyGrover1 I laughed when it hit cuz it made my whole room shake like a bouncehouse would. Hehe.

lol.XD My T.V was shaking when it happened, and when I told my mom, she looked at me like I was crazy!

@turquoiseblue18 lol.XD My T.V was shaking when it happened, and when I told my mom, she looked at me like I was crazy!

My Mom didn't even feel it because she was driving on her way to work! But my grandmother from Pakistan heard... How fast word travels around here. Is it bad that I want a (minor) aftershock? XD

@1426907

Poor guy... =( My little brother (also 5) was taking a bath when it happened. I don't think he noticed until he watched the news XD.

turquoiseblue18s avatar turquoiseblue18 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1426907

Poor kid XD I was home alone and freaked out when I realized it was actually an earthquake.

I live in Virginia, and I felt it but didn't really realize what it was. I was at a restaurant at the beach and I thought somebody was just kicking my chair. Then my mom called and told me to get away from the oceanfront in case there was a tsunami...I was just like, THIS IS AWESOME.

I thought I was just getting dizzy all of a sudden. I remember telling my mom about how awesome it was because stuff like that hardly ever happens and she thought I was crazy for thinking about it like that.

Cagns avatar Cagn Yeah You Are +3Reply

So I didn't hear about this earthquake until I got home from school.
COOL THINGS ALWAYS HAPPEN WHEN I AM NOT ALLOWED TO SEE THEM.

Come to think of it, Hurricane Irene is also supposed to be headed towards us right?

I live in NJ but I didn't feel anything. I feel like I missed out.

I was at the library, but I barely felt anything. I actually thought someone had kicked my chair until I heard about the earthquake. >.>