+285

Even if the 90s were "the best decade" with the "best" cartoons, the "best" music, and the "best" vibe, it spawned a horde of rabidly nostalgic children who let their own hubris get in the way of acknowledging the strong points of other decades, amirite?

Lkuns avatar
18 23
The voters have decided that Lkun is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Fashion in the 90's SUCKED. I mean.. hip hugger jeans and jackets tied around the waist?? Really????

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +19Reply

Yes! I'm also sick and tired of the 90's kids stupidly raving about their generation.

Cosmopolites avatar Cosmopolite Yeah You Are +15Reply
@1431254

The other day, I was at GameStop to pick up a dress-up video game for a seven year old cousin. Rather than dressing up yourself and playing outside or buying actual dolls, kids just go for the video games for everything these days. There were all these little kids (under the age of 10) running around picking up First Person Shooter games and stuff instead of action figures and toy cars or swords or something. My Dad looked around and said "I bet these kids don't even have toys, just electronics. You are the last generation to beg to go to Toys R Us instead of Best Buy." It's sad.

AwkwardMoments1s avatar AwkwardMoments1 Yeah You Are +3Reply

the only good thing about the 90s was music and tv...we just brag about it because it was our childhood

It bothered me today. I was on tumblr and I saw a picture that said "If you were born in the 90's the best part of PE in elementary school was playing with that rainbow parachute"
As far as I know, they still do that. Being born in the 90's changes nothing.
My generation=overly proud

@sighcantthinkofaname It bothered me today. I was on tumblr and I saw a picture that said "If you were born in the 90's the best part of...

Gasp! I REMEMBER THAT HUGE RAINBOW PARACHUTE! The gym teacher used to bring it out and we'd run under it as the others held it above their heads. Pretty much a pointless game, but still.

mashmallow515s avatar mashmallow515 Yeah You Are +1Reply

My sister's school uses that. She was born in 2001.
Kids in this generation are overly proud, I agree. A lot has changed, yes, but I'm sure teenagers in the 90's were talking about how much better the 80's were.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm sure 80s, 70s, 60s, etc kids did this at some point, too. There are still old people today bragging that they're a baby boomer or graduating class of 56'. Human nature. The 90s literally were the end of an era before a new millennium and technological revolution began. I totally get what you're saying about the hubris factor, but, at least in comparison to the 00s, SOME of the points about the 90s are valid.

And music from the 90's sucked. But the movies and T.V...... amazing!

Astronaut_Wills avatar Astronaut_Will Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Astronaut_Will And music from the 90's sucked. But the movies and T.V...... amazing!

Not all of the music did. Bands like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, RHCP, Alice in Chains, and so many many more got their starts in the early 90's (or very late 80's) and they made some amazing music.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Astronaut_Will Chili Peppers was the only good band on that list and thet didn't start in the 90's

They've been together since '83. They got big in the late 80's-early 90's. And band preference is all a matter of opinion. I personally think PJ is one of the best bands out there.

I'm a 90s kid BTW... born 1993

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Lkun I'm a 90s kid BTW... born 1993

1993? HA! You were only turning 3 in 1996! You're one year too late!
Now you'll have to live with the humiliation that if you were born just one year earlier, you would have been okay! Go cry in a corner, you pathetic piddle licker!

Screw that, 90's forever.

I have a post with two annoying anons arguing over what a 90s kid is.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm a 90's kid myself and sometimes I've felt the exact same way OP does.

Yeah, we're total monsters for liking our own generation.

@2Infinity Yeah, we're total monsters for liking our own generation.

There's a difference between liking your generation and "ZOMG! DA 90s Were Da Bomb 'cuz we had a show called "Doug" LAWL LAWL LAWL. 90s 4EVAAAAAAA!"

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +4Reply