+287

big singers, like on the radio, get so much attention for their autotuned singing, but what about Broadway stars? they are the ones who can sing without autotune, they have the real talent, amirite?

Elena_Roger_s avatar
10 12
The voters have decided that Elena_Roger_ is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And they have to sing while dancing on stage infront of a crowd of people. That takes endurance.

kellbellss avatar kellbells Yeah You Are +10Reply

Broadway performers are one the hardest working people. I do musicals at school and dancing is hard to keep up with let alone sing while doing it!

LydiaPotters avatar LydiaPotter Yeah You Are +5Reply

Believe it or not, there are some people on the radio tat don't use autotune. And when they perform live concerts, they're singing and dancing just like the Broadway stars.

@CaptainShrooms Name five.

lady gaga, leona lewis, Beyonce, Jay Sean, John mayer. It is likely that they may have used autotune a couple of times, but mostly for the "special effects" type of sound.

--edit--
i didn't see the part about singing and dancing, but these are just people who don't use autotune to record. The real reason broadway stars don't get the fame they deserve is probably because no one enjoys musicals anymore since songs within a screenplay are considered "unrealistic", despite those who love musicals, not many people really watch live theatre anymore. The prefer movies with all their specials effects and they can watch it in the comfort of their own living rooms. Also people like pop songs better because they can either relate to them or just dance to them at clubs/parties as opposed to songs from musicals which are generally only relevant to the story.

@lady gaga, leona lewis, Beyonce, Jay Sean, John mayer. It is likely that they may have used autotune a couple of...

I think you'll find they do use Autotune, although they are capable of singing without it. Beyonce is the only one that would be dancing most of the time on stage.

Also, try not being anon.

@CaptainShrooms I think you'll find they do use Autotune, although they are capable of singing without it. Beyonce is the only one...

They may use autotune in the background or use it sparingly in a few parts of a few songs, but for the most part they don't. And at live concerts Lady GaGa dances.

@Wunderscore They may use autotune in the background or use it sparingly in a few parts of a few songs, but for the most part...

Autotune would be used in most songs by solo artists to blend the notes and alter irregularities in the singing. I'm not a fan of musicals or pop, so I don't actually give a fuck.

They dance and then stand in the middle to cool off and sing the "big" notes. While they also usually have choreography, musicals have full choreography while singing without mikes for most of the time, and some even tap dance with the regular dancing, and then they have to go to the next scene without being out of breath.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are +1Reply
@tea_ They dance and then stand in the middle to cool off and sing the "big" notes. While they also usually have...

Okay fine. But even so, musicals aren't what the majority of the public wants to hear and/or watch. Being popular and famous means more than just talent. You hve to give the public what they want. So yes, the singers on Broadway are extremely talented, and they work extremely hard, but that's just not what most people want.

If you don't want to listen to the people who do use autotune, listen to your iPod, go to a different radio station, or don't listen to music.

@Wunderscore If you don't want to listen to the people who do use autotune, listen to your iPod, go to a different radio...

I didn't say I don't listen to singers who don't use autotune, I said I don't listen to pop. I never stated that i have a problem with autotune, you just assumed that.