+136

In elementary school, in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file line from smallest to tallest. Why? Do tall people burn slower? amirite?

Sexys avatar
4 17
The voters have decided that Sexy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

lol my school never did that.

@Skjetch lol my school never did that.

Ya- the whole point is to get out quick. We just got in line and walked out, honestly, do you clog the doors when going to lunch?

The line order is pre-determaned (smallest to tallest), and practiced (fire drills), so kids will know their place in line in an emergency, and when the alarm goes off, they will quickly line up correctly and move out. If not, they will all clog the doorway, even if they are told to go in line, because there they have many spots in line to choose from, want to be with their friends, etc....

When I was in elementary school, we did it in alphabetical order.

No, it has nothing to do with the rate of burning kids by height, dumbass.

@Lettuce The line order is pre-determaned (smallest to tallest), and practiced (fire drills), so kids will know their place...

I can just imagine you..."The chicken walks across the road because the need to cross the road is substantially higher than the risk of walking across said road. Assuming we're talking about a rational chicken, which would be safe to assume, there doesn't seem to be any obstacle in the way of the chicken. Now, the obstacles are another point. Given potential cars and other modes of harmful transportation to the chicken, think about the era the joke is being said people, the chicken would have had a moral dilemma around the precise moment to cross the road. Of course we can chalk it up to pure curiosity, but who really acts solely on these grounds?

No, the chicken did not just want to "get to the other side," dumbass.

When i was in high school we had to go in order of our classes and within our classes in alphabetical order. I was last in the last class. If there was a fire i would definitely not have listened to that

In my old elementary school, everyone just runs out the door, but if you're on the 2nd floor, then you "must" hold onto the railing.
In my high school, everyone just runs out.

Canadian_Ninjas avatar Canadian_Ninja Yeah You Are +1Reply

the tallest people are more likely to breathe in the smoke, so they need to be the last out

names avatar name No Way -2Reply
@name the tallest people are more likely to breathe in the smoke, so they need to be the last out

Actually, heat rises, so I'm sure the shortest people would breath it in first.

@Kaitlyn Actually, heat rises, so I'm sure the shortest people would breath it in first.

k. when theres a massive fire, you are supposed to go on your hands and knees so you dont breathe in all the smoke. i was joking that they wanted the tallest to die.

names avatar name No Way +2Reply

YEAH USE THE REPLY BUTTON.

@1434584

DAMNIT PEOPLE THERE IS A REPLY BUTTON FOR A REASON!

@1434584

It's a reply button, use it.

Dumbass.