+262

It just feels wrong going to school during August, even if it's the end of the month, amirite?

WreakHavocs avatar
1 28
The voters have decided that WreakHavoc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

My school always started during August.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 No Way +5Reply
@1557708

Try ending December 9th and starting January 5th. That's my summer holiday.

@Ram27 Fuck the hell? It's barely a month!

I know. It's terrible. They give us 4 weeks off and then make us go to school for most of January, plus February, our hottest months of the year.
We usually get 6 weeks though, they just ripped us off this year.

I don't know exactly how America's holidays work? Do you only get one long holiday in summer and a week at Christmas? We have 1 week in April, 3 in June and 1 at the end of September. Then our summer holiday in December/January.

I live in South Africa, by the way.

@strawberrymoo I know. It's terrible. They give us 4 weeks off and then make us go to school for most of January, plus February...

Yeah, we get a few months during summer then a few weeks during winter and spring.
And yearlong things are stupid.
I want to leave school during summer and do whatever the hell I want for three months rather than having that split up over a few weeks so you aren't allowed to fully have fun.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 No Way +2Reply
@Ram27 Yeah, we get a few months during summer then a few weeks during winter and spring. And yearlong things are...

Aahhh you're so lucky! I barely have time to do anything in the summer holidays. Maybe I should write a petition of some sort...

I'm out early May then start early August.

@CapnCampCamp I'm out early May then start early August.

We're out late May and start August 1.
Bastards.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 No Way 0Reply

And I'd gladly go all year with no breaks if I got paid.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 No Way +2Reply

it is absolutely wrong to start school that early.

I started school on july 25...

@amarathegreat I started school on july 25...

That stinks, we started the 2nd of August

OCDpantsjons avatar OCDpantsjon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@OCDpantsjon That stinks, we started the 2nd of August

well we get 2 and a half weeks off in october, december/january, and March

@amarathegreat well we get 2 and a half weeks off in october, december/january, and March

That's actually a really good idea. We don't get those though :( We just have a butt-load of random snow days

@OCDpantsjon That's actually a really good idea. We don't get those though :( We just have a butt-load of random snow days

snow days?! HA! i wish. when its 118 in the summer and 70 in december, you're no where near a snow day in arizona.

That would be terrible. My school has a policy: We always get out by June 4th, and school always starts up the day after labor day (so this year it was September 6th). I relish every single day of not having to do stuff.

@AwkwardMoments1 That's not too bad! At least it's the end of August, and you get out pretty early.

True. And our breaks are crazy often. But I would much rather have multiple days off here and there throughout the school year, rather than have a super long summer. Wouldn't you?

It was the first year I had to have school on my birthday.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are 0Reply

We're out by late June and start late august ):

We get out early June and start early August. :'(

My school always starts the very beginning of August. :/ bluck

I start the day after labour day and end muddle of June.

Tetotays avatar Tetotay Yeah You Are 0Reply

We get out late May and start the first week of August