+396

If someone had told you ten years ago that one of the most successful games in history will be one where you throw angry birds to kill pigs, you wouldn't have believed them at all, amirite?

mostafagalals avatar
10 12
The voters have decided that mostafagalal is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I like the game, but I really don't see what's so amazing about it, or why it's so popular.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +6Reply

I wouldn't call it 'one of the most successful games in history'.

@BobWilson I wouldn't call it 'one of the most successful games in history'.

Sales-wise, it is one of the most successful games ever. According to Wikipedia (and various other sources), Angry Birds is the second most successful mobile phone game ever, with more than 250 million downloads. It is only second to Tetris, which claims first place with more than 100 million downloads.

mostafagalals avatar mostafagalal Yeah You Are 0Reply
@mostafagalal Sales-wise, it is one of the most successful games ever. According to Wikipedia (and various other sources), Angry...

If Angry Birds has 250 million and Tetris has 100 million, then how is Angry Birds second?

alexanators avatar alexanator Yeah You Are +1Reply
@alexanator If Angry Birds has 250 million and Tetris has 100 million, then how is Angry Birds second?

Lack of sleep, my friend, can make anyone fail. Angry Birds IS the most downloaded mobile phone game of all time. Thank you for clearing it up.

mostafagalals avatar mostafagalal Yeah You Are -1Reply

Noooo, Siege Hero is better!

if you think about a lot of games are weird. In ten years you will play a game about placing bricks. In ten years you will play a game about an ape that wears a tie with the leters DK on them. In ten years you will play an assassian who doesn't need snipers. In ten years you will play a game about breaking the law. in ten years you will play a game about you being a robot and you have a gun that shoots portals.

stepdoms avatar stepdom Yeah You Are +1Reply

I would be 5/6. I'd probably believe you if you told me I become president in 10 years

What about the game where you eat mushrooms to get huge and squish chocolate mushrooms that move and kick turtle shells to go into a castle to kill a turtle with a spiked shell to rescue a princess, just to have some happy mushroom guy tell you that she's not there?

What about the game where you give animals Stockholm Syndrome and cockfight with them to win badges and cockfight with the world champions of cockfighting?

What about the game where a bunch of fuzzy animals and a frog fly airplanes to reach a green, nasty-looking planet to fight a monkey head and hands?

@eldorito What about the game where you eat mushrooms to get huge and squish chocolate mushrooms that move and kick turtle...

Same case with all of them, LOL xD

BTW,I noticed that your display pic is the new DT album art. It's good to know there are DT fans around! The album is great :D

I don't like Angry Birds. I much prefer Doodle Jump.

Thantophobias avatar Thantophobia Yeah You Are 0Reply

I voted no, because I would have been six and believed pretty much anything.