+35

What is the point of having Diet Coke and "Healthy Baked" chips? It defeats the purpose of why we consume junk food in the first place--because of the taste. Unhealthy food made a little healthier is still bad for you. At this point we might as well have 'natural' cigarettes and diet cocaine. amirite?

WillAkanas avatar
11 21
The voters have decided that WillAkana is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Some people prefer the taste of diet coke to regular coke.

@ashnicoleluvsblg Some people prefer the taste of diet coke to regular coke.

This is why I drink it - I actually think it taste better.

Also, diabetics might want a fizzy drink or a sweet once in a while.

Yes, that is true. My argument was more geared toward the concept of "healthy junk food" rather than taste differences.

WillAkanas avatar WillAkana Yeah You Are +1Reply

A little healthier, and it tastes like shit.
The sweetener they use in Diet Coke causes cancer or something too, doesn't it?

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Ram27 A little healthier, and it tastes like shit. The sweetener they use in Diet Coke causes cancer or something too...

this reminds me of a funny story that takes place at a camp last winter. one of the counselors at my table was drinking tea, and opted for splena instead of sugar. well, on of the deans was actually really against artificial sweetner and went off on a tangent about how splenda causes cancer, "oh you want some splenda? how many scoops of CANCER do you want? one or two?"
i havent really used splenda since that day.
of course i never really used splenda before either hmm smilie
i guess what im trying to say is that not everything is as healthy as it may seem

No, it doesn't, but high sugar intake has been correlated with increased cancer risk. You're probably better off drinking diet soda than regular.

I hate soda :(

@IamProbablyaNinja I hate soda :(

I can't hate it, but I would like it more if I could get a version that was just syrup and water so I could drink more at once.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I hate Diet Coke, but some people like the taste more than regular Coke. And I think that baked chips taste A LOT better than the regular ones. I don't eat them for the health benefit, I eat them because I like the taste better.

P.S. They already do have natural cigarettes. They have less chemicals than mass produced ones.

Adrias avatar Adria No Way +3Reply

"Unhealthy food made a little healthier is still bad for you."
Not all the time. Sometimes they are good for you AND taste good. I also happen to love baked chips as well as regular chips. If one is healthier, even by a little, and tastes just as good or better, I'd say that's a reason to have them.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ No Way +3Reply

To make money, duh

You have no idea how much shit is in both of those

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +1Reply

Baked chips are so nasty.

stupid to disagree..... What is there to disagree about the truth?

iEatFireFliess avatar iEatFireFlies Yeah You Are 0Reply
@iEatFireFlies stupid to disagree..... What is there to disagree about the truth?

I'm not voting because I don't really have an opinion either way, but as said in the first comment, someone might prefer the taste of the low-fat or sugarless option.

Also, if someone wants to have a treat, even though it's still unhealthy, it's not as unhealthy as the full-fat, full-sugar versions.

@Simon I'm not voting because I don't really have an opinion either way, but as said in the first comment, someone might...

Yeah, I mean I don't like normal potato chips, I eat the baked ones because they taste better to me. Its just all a matter of personal taste

If we had "organic" cocaine, people would be so much more screwed up physically and mentally...

"AAAHHH IT'S A ZOMBIE!!!!"
"No, no, no... You don't understand,.. I'm just VERY addicted to crack!"

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are -1Reply

inb4 coke zero joke

names avatar name No Way -1Reply

inb4 fat people crying. Go for a run then eat some real chips

/downvote

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are -1Reply