+234

Americans: you sometimes wonder if british people talk in an american accent to pretend to be something, like we talk in a british accent to pretend to be fancy, amirite?

lilobamas avatar
7 41
The voters have decided that lilobama is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

To confirm; yes, we do.

TMD_Sams avatar TMD_Sam Yeah You Are +33Reply
@TMD_Sam To confirm; yes, we do.

Probably stupid. And fat. Just a guess

@TMD_Sam To confirm; yes, we do.

All Americans are stupid in the same way all Brits are fancy - so yeah, I'd have to agree with Spalliston.

partinobodyculars avatar partinobodycular Yeah You Are +16Reply
@TMD_Sam To confirm; yes, we do.

I just use a British voice for the sake of using it. There's not much of a reason for it; I don't pretend to be fancy when I do it.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +3Reply
@TMD_Sam To confirm; yes, we do.

@partino - nice! zing!
When I put on an American voice I'm definitely pretending to be something...I'm pretending to be American, duh! haha

@TMD_Sam To confirm; yes, we do.

what to you pretend to be?

BetaEmissions avatar BetaEmission Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yeah I think they do it for dumb impression

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +23Reply

This is applicable, right?

My sister's friend had a British dude staying with her and we kept asking him stuff like, "Do they have Harry Potter in England?" or "Have you ever heard of the Beatles. They're a pretty good band."

It was funnier in person wary smilie

J_A_C_Ks avatar J_A_C_K Yeah You Are +18Reply

Usually when I put on an American voice I'm usually pretending to be a hick or a dumb bimbo "omg no way" etc

@animagus Usually when I put on an American voice I'm usually pretending to be a hick or a dumb bimbo "omg no way" etc

Why are you getting downvoted? No person- British, American or anything- can tell me they haven't spoken in a really fake country/high pitched bimbo voice to drive home a point or to make fun of someone/something.

MissAwesomenesss avatar MissAwesomeness Yeah You Are +20Reply

I use an accent all the time but I'm not pretending to be anything, I just say some words or phrases in an american accent. It's fun :D

British guys probably do it trying to sound like a douche bag and British girls probably do it as a stupid blonde impression.

Mayas avatar Maya Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Maya British guys probably do it trying to sound like a douche bag and British girls probably do it as a stupid blonde...

Yeah all I can say in a British accent is "hello" and a fail "can you pass me the tea please". :(

Mayas avatar Maya Yeah You Are +9Reply

From what I've heard from most people, that's quite accurate. But you can do equally as damning impressions using British accents. You can effect a total twat male aristo voice showing as much ignorance of real life as the bimbo does. Or girls in the US could effect an essex slapper accent to show a chav slut trying desperately to get her sniz pounded by some equally ugly chav boy so she can have a baby and get on social welfare

@1793540

So do i, and i'm english. I do a fake posh accent.

Well yeah we do haha: "like oh ma gawd that's totally awesome, right?!" but only in a jokey way... It's not mean
and we dont think that all Americans are stupid :)

When my friend and I speak in British accents, we always say the stereotypical stuff like "Can you please pass the tea and crumpets?" I didn't even know what those were until I Googled it.

@1793795

What would the "British" version of that sentence be?