+266

The point of war is not to die for your country but to make the other person die for his, amirite?

nadjs avatar
10 12
The voters have decided that nadj is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the point of growing, eating 18 years of food, using 18 years of resources living 18 years of memories, having 18 years of friends, and 18 years of ideas. Then to have all of that straight up erased in an instant with a bullet?

@Confucius Am I the only one who doesn't get the point of growing, eating 18 years of food, using 18 years of resources living...

To defend your country and it's freedom, your culture, and your friends and family back home. It's about as honorable as it gets. And not everyone who fights in a war dies anyway.

Steal quotes much?

@TheMisogynist Steal quotes much?

Haha! I read the post and I'm like, "Okay, that was wayyyyy to clever. This has to be stolen." Guess I was right.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Favvkes Haha! I read the post and I'm like, "Okay, that was wayyyyy to clever. This has to be stolen." Guess I was right.

Yep. I like it better Patton's way.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. "
George S. Patton

Interesting thought...

TattedUps avatar TattedUp Yeah You Are +1Reply

Wars are apparently fought with only one person on each side. That would be interesting battles though.

-George S. Patton

I thought the point of war was to establish peace and justice in a society with as little death and destruction as possible.

@1446952

He died on the battlefield, knowing well his chance of dying. He took that risk. Yes, he was killed by another man, but he died in an effort to help his country.