+320

Sesame seeds are probably the most pointless food we've got. They're sprinkles, but for food. And they aren't even colorful and cute either. I seriously doubt people sit down, begin to eat, then stop and think, "You know what this really needs? A nice little dash of sesame seeds." No. That does not happen ever, amirite?

whatwhats avatar Food & Drink
19 19
The voters have decided that whatwhat is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What about sesame chicken? D:

They make food a million times better!

Pugs avatar Pug No Way +5Reply

"They're like sprinkles except for food" because cupcakes and ice cream aren't food?

Also sesame seeds have a very distinct taste to them.

@whatwhat Oops. In my mind sweets are in a whole other category. My bad.

It's fine, I didn't mean to come off obnoxious or anything just pointing it out. Sorry if I sounded mean.

pleeeeassee stop contributing to the "dumb (and fat) American" stereotype, there are plenty of dishes out there that use sesame seeds (hummus for example), not just on a stupid fatty-hamburger bun!

@pleeeeassee stop contributing to the "dumb (and fat) American" stereotype, there are plenty of dishes out there...

How am I contributing to the "fat American" stereotype? I just said that they don't have much use.

whatwhats avatar whatwhat Yeah You Are 0Reply
@whatwhat How am I contributing to the "fat American" stereotype? I just said that they don't have much use.

Yeah because the only place you've seen/tasted sesame seeds was on a hamburger bun as a garnish (and its a stereotype that Americans are fat and eat only hamburgers). Did you know sesame seeds are key ingredients in many middle eastern, indian, and east-asian dishes? They have plenty of uses, just not for Americans. And the fact that you don't know this adds to the "dumb and ignorant American" stereotype.

@Yeah because the only place you've seen/tasted sesame seeds was on a hamburger bun as a garnish (and its a...

"because the only place you've seen/tasted sesame seeds was on a hamburger bun..." Hey stranger, glad to know you've kept track of everything I've ever had to eat. Don't make stupid assumptions like that and add to the stereotype that all Americans are dumb. I eat Asian and Indian food all the time. In fact, Japanese food is my favorite kind of food. I made this post because I'm severely allergic to sesame seeds and eating some of my favorite foods becomes frustrating since you can't just pick them out of food.

@whatwhat "because the only place you've seen/tasted sesame seeds was on a hamburger bun..." Hey stranger, glad to know...

Just because you're allergic to sesame seeds doen't mean you have to call them pointless.And i would advise to be extra careful in eating asian food, even though they may not have the actual seed, they tend to use sesame oil.

Uh, it HAS happened before dude To plenty of people.

Its more about the texture! They add another dimension

Sesame seeds are amazing! If they weren't they wouldn't have their own flavor bagel. Plus they taste really good and black sesame seeds just look like bamfs.

But think! If we didn't have sesame seeds, the McDonalds commercials would sound so much weirder... 2 all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a... ... bun...

I had black sesame seed ice cream... yum smilie goo smilie

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way 0Reply

We make sweets out of sesame seeds.