+209

Girls: I think I'm correct when I say you don't want some stereotypical hot guy that's just a player, you want a good guy who's caring, sweet, smart, funny, who will love you for yourself, get along with your family, introduce you to his family, stand by you no matter what, and love you forever. Guys like this: don't give up, there's a bunch of girls out there who would love to have you, amirite?

gingerpeach2012s avatar
10 14
The voters have decided that gingerpeach2012 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The wording on this pisses me off. "I think I'm correct when I say [post]" makes me want to slap you

And we've all heard this a billion times, yes we get it, girls "don't want a jerk who's hot, they want a nice funny caring guy". We get it.

@Nacklefoodle The wording on this pisses me off. "I think I'm correct when I say [post]" makes me want to slap you And we've...

And then the last part is not even a post but some advice/order that's completely stupid and unnecessary. It's not an opinion it's an order.

No. I want an unintelligent boyfriend who will beat me, make bad jokes, etc.

Lens avatar Len No Way +16Reply

I want someone reasonably attractive plus all those things.

People can say they want something. Doesn't mean that's actually what they want.

If you keep chasing idiot muscleheads but you say, "I want a nice guy!" and you don't get a nice guy, you're doing something wrong.

Guys who are like this are usually nice. Until they begin to whine at the fact that they've never had a girlfriend because all the girls are chasing "douchebags".

Please shut up. That is the single biggest turn-off, and it's also the easiest way to make potential girlfriends stop liking you.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +12Reply

All this is true. There does have to be some lust though; my last boyfriend didn't work out because I just loved him for all those things, yet he wasn't physically attractive and I wasn't actually romantically interested in him. That's the truth of the situation, and that's why lots of 'nice guys' get friend zoned.

@All this is true. There does have to be some lust though; my last boyfriend didn't work out because I just loved...

Absolutely. This is the truth. A relationship simply won't work if both parties aren't attracted to one-another. We can spout all the meaningful bullshit we want, but it all comes right down to the fact that we're shallow creatures.

While most girls would say this, it's not something that's easy to see in people. Besides, many fall prey to the unlikely hope that a guy can be both, and since the first trait is what becomes apparent first, she'll find guys like that and then be disappointed that they aren't sweet, caring, or funny.

Many don't take chances being with someone different for once, and betray their words with actions. And then it's apparently a turn-off for a guy to point it out.

Add this to my new group, please! 'Things Girls Like About Guys'

A guy to exile to the friend zone for eternity.

@A guy to exile to the friend zone for eternity.

YUP that's why you're single, it's not your obnoxious superiority/victim complex, it's because you're just too perfect for anyone to like you.