-185

Teachers should have an age limit, amirite?

shopoholic143s avatar
0 15
The voters have decided that shopoholic143 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Age discrimination much?

vitaminbs avatar vitaminb No Way +26Reply

I read this as, "Teenagers should have an age limit, amirite?"

Needless to say, my facial expression looked something like this:
http://ctrlv.in/109429

How are they supposed to be old creepy pedophiles if they can only be young creepy pedophiles?

Isn't it called a retirement age?

@ctiscooler Isn't it called a retirement age?

No one is forced to retire at that age unless there are budget cuts.

With age comes wisdom. My teachers in highschool that were freshly graduated were very book-smart, but they didn't know how to teach. Same in college. You can learn a lot from the elderly folk.

Limiting how old or how young you can be to teach?

All i'm saying is when my like 80 year old math teacher can't teach us what were supposed to do, its time to retire.

shopoholic143s avatar shopoholic143 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@shopoholic143 All i'm saying is when my like 80 year old math teacher can't teach us what were supposed to do, its time to retire.

Then that's up to the school to decide. If she's mentally unfit to keep a stable memory and the lot of it, then the school needs to make her retire.

Exactly, you could be in your 30s and start developing mental issues that prevent you from doing your job effectively. Using age alone as the excuse is unforgivable. The best two teachers I ever had at school were also the oldest, Spanish and History. They were just so knowledgable on the subject and related matter, especially my history teacher. I loved when he would announce in the class that we were to have a "great pooling of ignorance" as he would be asking us a general history knowledge question he was sure we wouldn't know the answer to. If one of us put our hands up he would glare like Snape and be like "yes, what is it you THINK you know?" haha it was hilarious. He also dictated the notes we needed to take in class in such a way that at the end of term, you just had a perfect set of revision notes without having to write anything out again. Our other history teacher gave us reams of printouts which you had to pore over to find the useful stuff. And she was only about 45

I suppose you could need an age limit to prevent middle school dropouts teaching elementary, but not an upper limit, no.

Some of the coolest teachers are older.

Most of the older teachers I've had have either been mean and boring or really awesome and had lots of great stories to tell.