+790

The "other fish in the sea" metaphor isn't quite accurate. It's more like a lake full of Magikarp, but you don't want those Magikarp. You want the bright, beautiful, red Gyarados in the middle of the lake. And if you have to swim through all those Magikarp to find your Gyarados, then so be it, amirite?

Relationships
111 57

I'll wait till my magikarp evolves...

OFWGKTAs avatar OFWGKTA Yeah You Are +34Reply
@OFWGKTA I'll wait till my magikarp evolves...

It'll be stronger that way~~~~
At least temporarily.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +1Reply

Just give the magikarp you have an exp share and boom. Problem solved.

But there are other Trainers in the real world, and they might just get to the Gyarados before you.

MachoCheezs avatar MachoCheez Yeah You Are +30Reply

Ahem, Are you an Arceus? Because your beauty is Legendary.

/Iwouldtotallyfallforthat

Yes, the metaphor clearly relates to the situation in gold/silver/crystal, but I'd much rather have the grace, beauty and wonder of a Milotic in a relationship than the rage, violence and pants shitting fear of death that a Gyarados would bring.

I think it's more like finding the one place in all the land where a feebas will appear and then you and your other working together to form the relationship into a splendrous Milotic.

@MrRite Yes, the metaphor clearly relates to the situation in gold/silver/crystal, but I'd much rather have the grace...

Well in the games you feed Feebases need Pokéblocks to evolve when their beauty reaches a certain level. I can only imagine what you would feed you're metaphorical "Feebas" hello smilie

DavidSedanos avatar DavidSedano Yeah You Are +4Reply

Have you ever tried finding one of those Feebas in R/S/E? I think it was like 6 steps that randomly changed every so often. Cant remember when.

@PeterPan Have you ever tried finding one of those Feebas in R/S/E? I think it was like 6 steps that randomly changed every...

It was when you changed the hip phrase or something like that in Dewford Town in that one club like house.

DavidSedanos avatar DavidSedano Yeah You Are -1Reply
@DavidSedano It was when you changed the hip phrase or something like that in Dewford Town in that one club like house.

Route 119, 6 tiles of water at a time, changing the phrase shuffles the locations

Maybe you were dating a blue gyarados and there was a red gyarados waiting for you. You just need to use your balls.

Oh god. Brace yourself for shitty puns.

Yeah, but if you're a socially awkward penguin like me, you would flip shit when you saw a Gyrados and when it would be the time to catch him, you'd chicken out and the Gyrados would get away. Never to be found again... foreveralone smilie

and then once you get to the Gyarados, you ride him hello smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +13Reply

While we're doing this, can we say that one man's Magikarp is another man's Gyrados?

I love it when people relate pokémon to real life situations!

Raidens avatar Raiden Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Brettward95 Well I love you!

Well I guess you used "attract" because I love you too! love smilie

Raidens avatar Raiden Yeah You Are +8Reply

I'm looking for my Gardevoir hello smilie

DavidSedanos avatar DavidSedano Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Shadi I'm looking for my Gallade

I'm looking for my Meowth hello smilie

...It's kind of a fetish

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +31Reply
@Favvkes I'm looking for my Meowth ...It's kind of a fetish

Chubby chasers are looking for their Blissys hello smilie

@Shadi You don't say?

I was thinking of that too but meh, I said screw it.

@Shadi I'm looking for my Gallade

Pedophiles are looking for their Kirlia. e.e

DavidSedanos avatar DavidSedano Yeah You Are +7Reply
@DavidSedano Pedophiles are looking for their Kirlia. e.e

Wouldn't Ralts make more sense for that? Kirlia is more of an adolescent.

I don't mean to say that adolescents are incapable of being victimized by pedophiles, but Ralts would make much more sense in my opinion.

I disagree. I think that Magikarp is one of the greatest Pokemon in the sea.

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +1Reply

I'll just have my lesbian friend Dewgong use surf to get me to the center then I'll whip out my good old rod

I love how it's just common knowledge what a red Gyarados is. I'm suddenly nostalgic for Pokemon Gold/Silver :(

Lol this is awesome. It's a shame that the poster is Anonymous.

iamrite6155296s avatar iamrite6155296 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@iamrite6155296 Lol this is awesome. It's a shame that the poster is Anonymous.

So what you're saying is the identity of the poster is totally.... Unown

If only you could save progress in life for multiple chances to catch said Gyarados frown smilie

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are +1Reply

Is this post about the one gay guy on the Bachelor?

@Is this post about the one gay guy on the Bachelor?

You assume he's the gay guy just because he's the only GUY the bachelor picked that season? Maybe one of the blond girls is the gay guy! EVER THINK ABOOT THAT?? un smilie

@Well now that you've pointed it out, I had to chuckle a bit.

Why are you always giving that bit special treatment? He'll never develop if you don't let him grow on his own and learn from his mistakes!!

Yeah, but you can always just save right before you try to get the red Gyarados, and keep retrying. Real life doesn't work like that. That being said, I'd prefer a Charizard. Or maybe a Nidoqueen. Mmmmm...

@1645593

I didn't realize this post made you so happy!

Well, you should make sure you have a super rod first hello smilie