+233

You can't get addicted to sex; however, you can get addicted to the feeling of an orgasm because it is a type of high. But you can get an orgasm through masturbation. So... Using sex addiction as an excuse to cheat is dumb. amirite?

jeskafaiths avatar
3 90
The voters have decided that jeskafaith is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There is no excuse for cheating. Just admit you were weak in the moment, apologize, and deal with the consequences.

@LamWin What do you mean?

Like when your wife decides she isn't interested in having sex anymore.

@Like when your wife decides she isn't interested in having sex anymore.

You still have the choice of not having sex with other people. If you care enough about her to not leave her over an absence of sex, then you'll just suck it up and masturbate hardcore I guess.

If it's that big of an issue for you, divorce her first, then do as you please. With regards to cheating, it's really the dishonesty and sense of betrayal that hurts most, not the sex itself.

@This is easy to say when you're not the one facing it.

Why do you repeat the same shit that makes no sense? You always have a choice, your logic is full of fallacies and I suggest anon trollers to get the fuck out.

I believe that you can be addicted to sex, but it shouldn't be an excuse to cheat. If you're addicted to sex, you should have sex with your partner, no need to cheat.

annies avatar annie Yeah You Are +8Reply
@annie Be single.

That's a little oversimplified. I'm talking about when you're settled down, married with kids, etc, and all of a sudden your wife isn't as interested in sex. You propose I walk out on my family?

@annie You propose cheating on your wife?

I never said that. My point was that the people who just wave their hand and say "have sex with your wife" aren't taking into account the fact that some women lose interest in sex over time. On the same note, your dismissive "be single" fails to acknowledge that such an action could tear a family apart.

@I never said that. My point was that the people who just wave their hand and say "have sex with your wife" aren't...

If your wife doesn't want to have sex anymore you have two choices... you leave her or you deal with it. I don't see other options, it is better to leave your family than stay and cheat.

annies avatar annie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@annie If your wife doesn't want to have sex anymore you have two choices... you leave her or you deal with it. I don't...

How do you come to this conclusion? Would you give your father this advice if he were in this situation?

@How do you come to this conclusion? Would you give your father this advice if he were in this situation?

Yes, I would. You think I would rather know that my father is cheating on my mom? no, I would rather see him single so he could do whatever he wants & my mom could meet a better man.

annies avatar annie Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Liar.

You can disagree with me but that doesn't mean I'm lying.

annies avatar annie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@annie You can disagree with me but that doesn't mean I'm lying.

It's easy to be an armchair quarterback and tell people how they should tear up their families when you're not the one being affected by it. I have a very hard time believing you would so easily be willing to disintegrate your own family if you were truly faced with that situation.

@It's easy to be an armchair quarterback and tell people how they should tear up their families when you're not the...

& I can't believe you rather have the husband cheating on the wife just for the sake of not splitting up, you think that doesn't disintegrate the family? you think the kids and the wife are not affected by it? Oh, maybe you think the husband will keep it a secret and no one will find out, yeah because that always works.

annies avatar annie Yeah You Are +1Reply
@annie & I can't believe you rather have the husband cheating on the wife just for the sake of not splitting up, you think...

If the wife isn't keeping her husband happy, I think he would naturally look for his needs to be fulfilled elsewhere. And you do realize that sex does not automatically equal having an affair, right?

@If the wife isn't keeping her husband happy, I think he would naturally look for his needs to be fulfilled...

oh right, everything has to be the wife's fault, I feel soo sorry for the husband nobody understands him hes not getting laid boo hoo )': he just had to cheat, he had no choice... how weak.

@annie oh right, everything has to be the wife's fault, I feel soo sorry for the husband nobody understands him hes not...

You're trying to take the conversation in a whole new direction. This is not what we are discussing. I suspect this is because you know I am right.

@annie Nope. Its because I think you're ignorant.

So since you know you're wrong you call me "ignorant" out of desperation? Not very impressive. You can admit you're wrong; we won't think less of you for it.

@So since you know you're wrong you call me "ignorant" out of desperation? Not very impressive. You can admit you're...

You're just proving my point of you being an ignorant, you need to accept that people have different opinions than you and that doesn't mean they're wrong, keep talking if you want.

annies avatar annie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@annie You're just proving my point of you being an ignorant, you need to accept that people have different opinions than...

I don't dispute the fact that sometimes people have different opinions. However, I dispute your stance that you're right since you claim it's your opinion. There are some times when people are wrong, and claiming it's an opinion won't make them right.

If there is a such thing as a "sex addiction" EVERYBODY would be addicted to sex. It's stupid how people just don't own up to their mistakes. Take Tiger Woods for example... He claimed to be addicted to sex so that it wouldn't look like it was his fault that he cheated on his wife. This is non-sense.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +6Reply
@StickCaveman If there is a such thing as a "sex addiction" EVERYBODY would be addicted to sex. It's stupid how people just don't...

Wow, you'd better tell all those psychologists that they're wrong and it doesn't really exist then. Quick! Your superior knowledge is needed before these professionals who spent years in school make any more errors because you happen to disagree.

@Wow, you'd better tell all those psychologists that they're wrong and it doesn't really exist then. Quick! Your...

We used to believe everything Freud pulled out of his ass was real and scientific, but now we know that a great number of his theories were probably wrong. Psychology is still evolving.

@So what? Does that mean that you're right and the experts are wrong?

It's not impossible. Just because they're experts doesn't mean they're always right.

@Neighbor It's not impossible. Just because they're experts doesn't mean they're always right.

I'd still believe what they have to say over anything a bunch of yahoos on the Internet have to say.

@I'd still believe what they have to say over anything a bunch of yahoos on the Internet have to say.

You realize it's impolite to give your own comment a thumbs up while doing the reverse for the person you're arguing with?

@Neighbor You realize it's impolite to give your own comment a thumbs up while doing the reverse for the person you're...

(nothing to do with the argument)
I found it okay to thumbs up your own omment because it's within the spirit of amirite?.
Who's the first person to agree/disagree to any posts you post? Yourself

rowie1311s avatar rowie1311 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@rowie1311 (nothing to do with the argument) I found it okay to thumbs up your own omment because it's within the spirit of...

Before, when the argument was shorter, Anon was receiving thumbs up from a single person that continued to give him thumbs up as the argument progressed. I found it unlikely that someone feeling so strongly would not have joined the argument.

Of course, when I mentioned it, it stopped.

@Neighbor Before, when the argument was shorter, Anon was receiving thumbs up from a single person that continued to give him...

Sometimes it's easier just to root for someone than join the argument, I'm not sure. Everyone is different

rowie1311s avatar rowie1311 Yeah You Are +1Reply

What does that have to do with the argument? Do you have nothing to defend your side and are therefore trying to change the subject by attacking me based on your unfounded suspicions?

@What does that have to do with the argument? Do you have nothing to defend your side and are therefore trying to...

I agree with your reasoning, there is no argument. However, I have good reason to believe you're giving yourself thumbs up.

Also, I stick by my original comment.

@Neighbor Everyone can be wrong.

So "everyone can be wrong" is your reasoning for your unfounded claim of me voting down all your posts and voting mine up? That's not very convincing.

@So "everyone can be wrong" is your reasoning for your unfounded claim of me voting down all your posts and voting...

Specify what you want reasoning for instead of trying to score points off of obvious miscommunication.

@Neighbor Specify what you want reasoning for instead of trying to score points off of obvious miscommunication.

You claim to have good reasoning for your unfounded accusation. What is it?

Psychology is mostly made up of theories, you know. Also, it was Tiger Wood's lawyers who told him to claim he has a sex addiction so he could try to lose the negative reputation following his scandal.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are -2Reply
@StickCaveman Psychology is mostly made up of theories, you know. Also, it was Tiger Wood's lawyers who told him to claim he has...

In a scientific context, a theory is something that's backed up by significant evidence. The scientific-word equivalent for what most people mean when they say "theory" is a hypothesis.

@Rainbow35 In a scientific context, a theory is something that's backed up by significant evidence. The scientific-word...

Then why is a medical theory (which is science) more flimsy than a scientific theory like the THEORY of evolution? These people are saying psychology is always changing because it's only theories--like the THEORY of evolution.

@Then why is a medical theory (which is science) more flimsy than a scientific theory like the THEORY of evolution?...

It's not. It's just as un-flimsy. Psychology doesn't change because the word for their conclusions happens to be "theories", it changes because they find out new stuff all the time. Psychologists and scientists would usually know what they're talking about, because they wouldn't say that a theory/hypothesis/conclusion is true unless it's backed up by evidence, works in tests, and fits in with other things that they already know are true.

So let me make sure I understand this right: you're saying you know more about this subject than any of the experts? And I'm not talking about Tiger Woods. I don't care what his lawyers supposedly told him. I'm talking about the existence of a disorder.

@So let me make sure I understand this right: you're saying you know more about this subject than any of the...

Being an expert on something doesn't mean you're always correct or that you never lie. If you do any research on these experts who claim that sex addiction exists, you'll see they come to no definite conclusion. All I'm suggesting is that people don't want to own up to actions that were their own fault, so they try and find someone or something to blame it on.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply
@And what are your credentials to make this assertion?

I have the ability to research DIFFERENT points of views and THEN form my opinion, rather than just accepting the first thing I'm told.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply
@StickCaveman I have the ability to research DIFFERENT points of views and THEN form my opinion, rather than just accepting the...

So you're saying you have no formal credentials? No medical school nor medical training? And yet somehow I'm supposed to believe that you are more credible than a professional? I understand that professionals aren't right 100% of the time, but I still trust them over someone with zero training in the field such as yourself.

So let me get this straight: the THEORIES of psychology are wobbly because they're just theories (and because you don't agree with them). However, the THEORY of evolution, which is also a THEORY, is somehow ironclad. Riiight.

@So let me get this straight: the THEORIES of psychology are wobbly because they're just theories (and because you...

Read what FliyingGuineaPig said below... the thing with science is that it's constantly proving and disproving things. Like cell phones giving you cancer. One minute, they say cell phones give you cancer and the next minute they say that they've proven it to be wrong. How hard is that to understand?

I'm done arguing with you, Anon.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Synesthesia Why couldn't he just have sex with his wife if he's so addicted?

Maybe his wife didn't want to have sex as often as he did. My ex-wife only wanted to have sex about once a month, and sometimes less than that.

"If there is a such thing as a "sex addiction" EVERYBODY would be addicted to sex." I disagree. If this logic were to be applied to any other sort of addiction it would prove untrue. For instance gambling addiction- I've gambled and I haven't become addicted to it, but I know someone who has. As well as smoking cigarettes; I know people who only smoke occasionally without a real addiction.

@rowanne "If there is a such thing as a "sex addiction" EVERYBODY would be addicted to sex." I disagree. If this logic were...

You don't have to have sex to get the urge to do it. It's what instinct plants in our minds to keep us reproducing.

@StickCaveman You don't have to have sex to get the urge to do it. It's what instinct plants in our minds to keep us reproducing.

our instincts also cause the pleasure centers of the brain to trigger when we win a gamble. This pleasure is what we are addicted to, technically we can become addicted to anything pleasurable.

Saigots avatar Saigot Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Saigot our instincts also cause the pleasure centers of the brain to trigger when we win a gamble. This pleasure is what...

You can desire sex before you ever have sex. It's call hormones. There is nothing that makes people have the desire to gamble until after they actually start gambling.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau Yeah You Are +5Reply
@pikabeau You can desire sex before you ever have sex. It's call hormones. There is nothing that makes people have the desire...

but we still have the [hormone based] desire to win, which is in essence gambling. But either way, whether or not you want it before doesn't mean you cannot be addicted.

Saigots avatar Saigot Yeah You Are +3Reply
@What data are you basing this conclusion on?

I am basing it on the fact that teenage boys start having the desire to have sex while they are still virgins. Hormones make them want to get laid, but most of them can compensate by touching themselves.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau Yeah You Are 0Reply

An orgasm during sex is exponentially better than during masturbation.

@CatMan Well you have a significant other for a reason.

But what if your SO doesn't ever want to have sex?

@But what if your SO doesn't ever want to have sex?

Well then there's a deep underlying issue.

Tell them you need sex. If they flat out don't want sex then you get a divorce or something idk you're the one who chose to marry a prude lol....

CatMans avatar CatMan Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Women change over time.

Okay but you just to still marry her. You need to stick by her not matter what or get a divorce. You're trying to justify cheating.

@CatMan Well then there's a deep underlying issue. Tell them you need sex. If they flat out don't want sex then you get...

I don't think most guys would marry a pride. It's something that happens over time. You're oversimplifying.

@I don't think most guys would marry a pride. It's something that happens over time. You're oversimplifying.

1. Learn to spell.
2. I'm not saying they don't, i'm just pointing out that cheating is not right unless your wife pretty much tells you that you can.

@CatMan 1. Learn to spell. 2. I'm not saying they don't, i'm just pointing out that cheating is not right unless your...

That was obviously a typo. It's the mark of a desperate and defeated opponent to resort to an ad hominem argument.

@That was obviously a typo. It's the mark of a desperate and defeated opponent to resort to an ad hominem argument.

Did you not see the 2nd part?

It really isn't, I just said it to piss you off. You're trying to justify cheating by coming at me.

Sure women might not want to have sex anymore but what if it was the other way around. Would you enjoy your wife fucking another man just because you don't want to have sex with her as much?

Everyone knows woman change over time. So they should expect at some point in a marriage there won't be as much sexual interaction.

CatMans avatar CatMan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@CatMan Did you not see the 2nd part? It really isn't, I just said it to piss you off. You're trying to justify...

I think it's the responsibility of both to keep the other happy. If one is not doing that and knows that they are withholding something that their spouse is desiring, then they shouldn't complain when their spouse goes somewhere else to get it.

@I think it's the responsibility of both to keep the other happy. If one is not doing that and knows that they are...

But they shouldn't do it in secrecy that's what I'm saying.

Breaking your beloved wife or husband's trust and breaking their heart is not worth the pleasure.

CatMans avatar CatMan Yeah You Are +4Reply
@CatMan But they shouldn't do it in secrecy that's what I'm saying. Breaking your beloved wife or husband's trust and...

Not if they're knowingly holding back something they know you need. On some level, they likely know you're going to go somewhere else for it when they don't give you what you need.

You can get addicted to the action of sex, just like you can get addicted to any given substance or behaviour, especially if it feels good in any way. (Ever see the show My Strange Addiction? Apparently people have been addicted to eating toilet paper and stuff.)
I do agree that it shouldn't be an excuse to cheat, though. As with any other addiction, a sex addiction could be overcome through therapy, right?