+344

It's kind of weird how most foods brag about how they're all natrual and there are no artificial ingredients in them, but then "I can't beileve it's not butter" comes along and starts bragging "Hey, we're not real butter, come buy from us because we sell fake butter", amirite?

DanDaMans avatar
17 5
The voters have decided that DanDaMan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's called margarine. It's healthier for you, less fatty. It's composed of plant oil. They market it as 'butter, but healthier,' because a lot of people use butter, but want to eat healthier.

@Canuckfanatic That's called margarine. It's healthier for you, less fatty. It's composed of plant oil. They market it as 'butter...

Less fatty? It's OIL, how can it be less fatty? I believe that simple butter is healthier since it is made through natural processes and milk. My parents always told me to have butter instead of margarine. Margarine is simply a cheaper alternative to butter.

Kirrrbys avatar Kirrrby Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Kirrrby Less fatty? It's OIL, how can it be less fatty? I believe that simple butter is healthier since it is made through...

Butter is essentially the fat from milk, solidified. Plants don't contain any fat, so the oils derived from plants don't make you gain nearly as much weight. It seems like you were confused, just to clarify, oil is not fat. I have a deathly allergy to dairy, so I have to use margarine. No disrespect to your parents, but don't take EVERYTHING they say as the truth.

@Canuckfanatic Butter is essentially the fat from milk, solidified. Plants don't contain any fat, so the oils derived from plants...

I don't know, but in cooking class the teacher was like a health fanatic and always apologized for having to use margarine in the recipes. She always told us it was because she was on the school's budget for ingredients. But whatever. I guess this argument could go on forever; let's just say it depends on your personal opinion.

@Kirrrby I don't know, but in cooking class the teacher was like a health fanatic and always apologized for having to use...

It also depends on the butter, all natural butter is healthy for you. Also, certain margarine companies add unnecessary, unhealthy ingredients. From what I understand, butter tastes better (maybe why your cooking teacher preferred it). Like I said though, I get anaphylaxic reactions from milk, so I wouldn't know how butter tastes.