+59

The Wall Street protests are just stupid. To protest corporate "greed" is to protest free enterprise, a major foundation of American freedom, amirite?

RunnerGirls avatar
1 27
The voters have decided that RunnerGirl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Statistically, there should be a ratio of 1:99 on the votes.

They're protesting how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, how CEO's give themselves pay raises in tough times but allow their employees to deal with it themselves

It's not the American dream if only 1 percent of the population can make it a reality.

Shugahs avatar Shugah No Way +5Reply
@Shugah They're protesting how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, how CEO's give themselves pay raises in tough...

I just don't get why they're lobbying for the government to get involved with something that is a question of personal right and wrong. While I don't agree with corporate greed, I do recognize the right of people to make money..

RunnerGirls avatar RunnerGirl Yeah You Are +1Reply
@RunnerGirl I just don't get why they're lobbying for the government to get involved with something that is a question of...

The government does need to get involved in this, but they never will.
Lord knows how many companies have bought out congressmen. The government is corrupted by these companies, it's almost like Jacksons spoils system again.

Shugahs avatar Shugah No Way -2Reply

You don't make money by standing around in a park complaining about how life isn't handed to you on a silver platter.

@Neighbor You don't make money by standing around in a park complaining about how life isn't handed to you on a silver platter.

They aren't asking for things to be served to them.
These are people who have done everything right so far-- gone to college, obtained a degree, and are looking for work. But rather than higher people, companies just give the corporate heads pay raises.

Shugahs avatar Shugah No Way +4Reply
@Shugah They aren't asking for things to be served to them. These are people who have done everything right so far-- gone...

Many are in college right now (and by that I mean enrolled in college while wasting time in a park). As for those that did get a degree, I can't really say anything. I don't know the specifics of why they are out of work, but I can say that there are very few jobs requiring a degree that don't need more employees.

if you're gonna assume that anyone who dare complains about Perfect America and the scary, growing division between the richest and middle class want everything on a silver platter and is lazy, you're an idiot. And your arguments are getting overworked.

All the reasons they gave for their protests are so vague, it's like they don't even know what they're protesting for, Can a cube get some supporting details

@Albert_Einstein Please don't listen to the news corporations..

I know i know but when they interview actual protesters they spout random crap about corporate greed without backing up what they say or providing details. Plus they say that it's unfair that these people have all this money and the 99% doesn't. They act like all that money, their businesses was just handed to them, they forget that those corporations were once people with nothing more than an idea

@ASWCC I know i know but when they interview actual protesters they spout random crap about corporate greed without...

They may actually support details but the news in cutting them out, there was a story on that somewhere.

But look for the people dressed nicely, as they are the informed ones.

The only people there are just there to cause chaos.

Sounds like Fox News logic.

@Sounds like Fox News logic.

Sounds like a someone heard a 15 second soundbyte from John Stewart.

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are -2Reply
@thatguys Sounds like a someone heard a 15 second soundbyte from John Stewart.

I've actually been following the story for a few weeks because it interests me, even though I'm not American.

Yeah. I don't really get that. But it is true that big corporations have a greed surplus. Do the CEO's really need five, billion dollar houses and a million luxury cars they'll never drive? Seriously.....

@TruttaceousTemulence Yeah. I don't really get that. But it is true that big corporations have a greed surplus. Do the CEO's really need...

I agree that they do have some greed issues. Isn't it interesting, though, that most of the protesters lean to the liberal side, and most liberals believe the law shouldn't have any say in moral questions (like abortion, gay marriage, etc), yet their issue is a moral question which they want the government to change? It doesn't add up.

RunnerGirls avatar RunnerGirl Yeah You Are -1Reply
@RunnerGirl I agree that they do have some greed issues. Isn't it interesting, though, that most of the protesters lean to the...

Most liberals want government economical control, but not social control.
I believe this falls under the economic side.

I find it funny and sort of ironic. I wonder how many of these people disagreed against Obama's public health care because it was socialist but now they are protesting capitalism/ free enterprise.

@I find it funny and sort of ironic. I wonder how many of these people disagreed against Obama's public health care...

Probably not as many as you think. From what I remember, it was primarily conservatives you disagreed with Obama's public health care. Now it is primarily liberals at the Wall Street protests.

yeah because you hard work and work hard to have hard work where yo uwork hard. i just read the fountainhead btw

eat my shit faggot bitch