+37

The United States government needs to stop screwing over our generation by spending money that they don't have, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar
1 5
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Amen to that

dontpanics avatar dontpanic Yeah You Are +1Reply

I can see where your coming from, but if the government didn't spend money they didn't have this country would completely collapse. The United States hasn't been debt free since 1836, and this country would be in major sh*t if it didn't ever spend money it didn't have. Since 1836 every generation has had to deal with it, not just yours.

@StevieDavis I can see where your coming from, but if the government didn't spend money they didn't have this country would...

Yes, but now the debt is just getting ridiculous. I know we can't stop spending money, but we should at least cut down. Instead we just borrow more.

@AtheisticMystic Yes, but now the debt is just getting ridiculous. I know we can't stop spending money, but we should at least cut...

I agree, but the government has to do what they have to do in order to make sure everything keeps running. Maybe we just need smarter people in Washington. Maybe a person should have to have an IQ of over like 150 to even run for national office. I honestly think that would help. By the way in 1865 we were 2.7 billion dollars in debt. I don't know what that would be equivalent to nowadays, but it seems like a lot.

@StevieDavis I agree, but the government has to do what they have to do in order to make sure everything keeps running. Maybe we...

True. And yes, high IQ's should be mandatory for holding public office. The problem with that is there aren't that many people that are that smart. And we should dissolve political parties. Everyone just run independently and present their own ideas, not the ideas of a party. I know that's not at all a realistic goal, but it would be nice.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +1Reply