Evanhaubners avatar Jokes & Humour
83 133

I can imagine terrorists running around a city, cursing random pregnant women and shouting "NO KID FOR YOU!"

It's pronounced fetUS deletus. Not FEtus deletus.

Brettward95s avatar Brettward95 Yeah You Are +53Reply
@Brettward95 It's pronounced fetUS deletus. Not FEtus deletus.

It seems nobody likes a good Hermione reference these days.

Brettward95s avatar Brettward95 Yeah You Are +33Reply

IT RHYMES
it must be true

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +47Reply

The witch/wizard must be really stupid if they didn't use the protection spell:/

@CherryBlossom The witch/wizard must be really stupid if they didn't use the protection spell:/

Following along with post, I guess that would be 'erectus protectus' or something :/
I'm glad the author didn't give the spells in the books such cheesy names.

@Courage_Wolf Following along with post, I guess that would be 'erectus protectus' or something :/ I'm glad the author didn't...

Just because they would be lame in the book doesn't mean that they aren't amusing... These spells aren't suggested to be actual ones, only ones made in fun.

Evanhaubners avatar Evanhaubner Yeah You Are +9Reply

INB4 shit storm

HAH abortion's always funny when harry potter's involved.

@under_score HAH abortion's always funny when harry potter's involved.

Abortion's always funny when Harry Potters involved

Vitaes avatar Vitae Yeah You Are +78Reply

I always thought the abortion spell would be "miscargio"

@I always thought the abortion spell would be "miscargio"

A miscarriage is not the same thing as an abortion...

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +31Reply
@Rocky A miscarriage is not the same thing as an abortion...

Technically it is. "In medical (and veterinary) contexts, the word "abortion" refers to any process by which a pregnancy ends with the death and removal or expulsion of the fetus, regardless of whether it is spontaneous or intentionally induced."

I was reading this as 'Feces Deletus' for the longest time.
Which, you know, would still be rather odd... wary smilie

@Tempest_Trance I was reading this as 'Feces Deletus' for the longest time. Which, you know, would still be rather odd...

but just imagine, you wouldn't have to wait awkwardly in a public bathroom for everyone to leave. All you would have to do is pull out your wand

Or Gayus Begonus.. that one's pretty controversial

Fabss avatar Fabs Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Fabs Or Gayus Begonus.. that one's pretty controversial

No. It's like Harry's vision. It just can't get corrected.

You mean the most used spell. As if hermione came this far without gettin knocked up once or twice.

They should make this POTD.

Harry Potter+Controversial and Relatable World Topic=PROFIT?!

@1515546

I'd get a lot of action, man.

@1515474

Did you delete your comment?

@1515466

Same with posts. I typed "MLIA" into the search bar and I couldn't even finish reporting the repeats. Did you know that MLIA isn't average anymore?

@1515466

I've replied replied to a lot of dumb comments lately.

DerpyHoovess avatar DerpyHooves Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1515471

Ooops. Just fixed it.

Shoopus Mah Whoopus

I've seen this somewhere before. It's really funny though.

@1515593

So now we shamelessly self-promote comments too? Well, two can play at that game. http://amirite.net/661792/1515618

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +48Reply
@1515621

Yes,I just desperately need attention.

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +13Reply
@1515636

Step 1: Desperately beg for attention

Step 2: Receive loves

I NEED ATTENTION!11!

Now let the loves come pouring in!

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +14Reply
@1515593

Yes, but...

1. It has never been posted on amirite? before.
2. I did not copy and paste this post from some random site. My friend jokingly told me that "Fetus Deletus" was the spell for abortion, and I thought it was funny, so I originally rewrote it in a post saying how it was controversial.

Why are you people so inclined to criticize a post's originality? Not saying that you haven't, but most of the time, the said criticizers never had heard about the joke until they googled it. Just enjoy the post! Maybe it isn't the most original thing ever, but it is original to amirite? and at least rewritten so that it isn't word-for-word.

Evanhaubners avatar Evanhaubner Yeah You Are +18Reply
@1515616

But I made it an original idea by using the spell's name and relating it to society.

Evanhaubners avatar Evanhaubner Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Evanhaubner But I made it an original idea by using the spell's name and relating it to society.

That was hardly enough to make it an original idea. The central idea of this post is 'Fetus Deletus', without it you have nothing.

@Courage_Wolf That was hardly enough to make it an original idea. The central idea of this post is 'Fetus Deletus', without it...

But if I had just wrote, "The spell for abortion is 'Fetus Deletus,'" that wouldn't be very funny.

Evanhaubners avatar Evanhaubner Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Evanhaubner But if I had just wrote, "The spell for abortion is 'Fetus Deletus,'" that wouldn't be very funny.

The original idea wasn't like that either. I'm not saying this is completely unoriginal, just that the basic idea is not.

@Courage_Wolf The original idea wasn't like that either. I'm not saying this is completely unoriginal, just that the basic idea...

I agree. Thank you for being one of the few members of this website who make good arguments!

Evanhaubners avatar Evanhaubner Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Evanhaubner I agree. Thank you for being one of the few members of this website who make good arguments!

If you think about it, nothing is ever original anymore. One either hears it from someone else or reads it (watches it, listens to it, whatever they so choose). then, without consciously knowing one is being repetitive, one will post it. Honestly, why question a post's originality? It is witty and fun, regardless. I would bet that any post on any site was taken previously from another source, whether consciously or unconsciously.

@1518759

Upvoted my comment? I didn't "upvote my own comment."
In addition, a debate is defined as a formal argument in which opposing arguments are put forward. I was merely stating an opinion, otherwise you'd have "lost this (nonexistent) debate" long ago. I was not trying to argue any cases for or against this post, and there is a great difference between a statement of opinion and an argument.
Honestly,is there any point in carrying this further?

while we're on the subject, happy magic week everyone :)

@ASWCC while we're on the subject, happy magic week everyone :)

Lol this is the nerdiest sentence I've ever read.

Plus ten dork points!

@ScottyD What are dork points redeemable for?

These semi fashionable nerd eye wear!

@These semi fashionable nerd eye wear!

SCORE!!! I'm gonna start savin up now.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are +3Reply
@ASWCC

Just one question, how gay did you become after you hit send?

Because as nerdy as it is, its also super gay.

@ASWCC bye bye now, AVADA KEDARVA!

But I'm still here... Because magic is fake.

@Mike_Hawk Nope, different Anon.

What?

All of the anonymous posts in this conversation were me if that's what you mean..

@What? All of the anonymous posts in this conversation were me if that's what you mean..

That weant right over your head, kinda like how my ejaculate went right over your mother's head.

@Mike_Hawk That weant right over your head, kinda like how my ejaculate went right over your mother's head.

There's not much to get in your "joke". Mostly because I'm not sure which comment you're referring to. But feel free to ejaculate on my mother. She was a nasty skank and she had AIDS.. So good luck there.

@There's not much to get in your "joke". Mostly because I'm not sure which comment you're referring to. But feel...

That's because it's a simple joke, yet you failed to comprehend it. I'll ejaculate all over the goddamn place. She HAD AIDS? What happened to it?

@Explain your joke because I really don't see anything funny.

It's not meant to be funny in and of itself, it's supposed to have it's humor derived from how stupid it is. ASWCC used the killing curse on you, which "killed" you. You claimed to still be alive, however, because magic doesn't work. I called bullshit on this, in favor of magic being real, and took advantage of you being Anon to do so. As an Anon, you are completely indistinguishable from any other Anon, so I simply claimed you to be an Anon different from the original (you). The intention was the one could read my comment, and see that I'm claiming the curse DID work, that you had died, and a different Anon simply came to take your place. This, in turn, would be so silly and outrageous that one may find a bit of humor in this. Others, such as yourself, may simply not get the idea and ask me to explain it.

TL:DR - Fuck you.

@Mike_Hawk It's not meant to be funny in and of itself, it's supposed to have it's humor derived from how stupid it is. ASWCC...

And I said it was just me, no one else and you told me I didn't get it, after I obviously had gotten it. So you're the stupid one.

@And I said it was just me, no one else and you told me I didn't get it, after I obviously had gotten it. So you're...

Exactly, you said it was just you, followed by an "If that's what you're talking about". That's immediately indicative that you didn't get the joke. And you also asked me to explain it, which is flatout admission that you didn't get it.

Plus, I'm probably smarter than you'll ever hope to be.

@Mike_Hawk Exactly, you said it was just you, followed by an "If that's what you're talking about". That's immediately...

Do you feel better now? Putting others down so that you don't hate yourself is terrible... Invest in some therapy.

@Do you feel better now? Putting others down so that you don't hate yourself is terrible... Invest in some therapy.

Yes I do. You're a funny person, you made me giggle. Therapy wouldn't work for me, because I refuse to let it.

@Too bad for you, you'll be falsely self important forever.

Now you're just pulling things out of your ass. Where did I say I was important? I simply said I was smarter than you, and that's the only thing I said about myself. And who are you to say I'm falsely important? You don't know who I am or who I know, now do you know my value to anyone. And how can one be falsely self-important? It seems impossible to value one's self more than one's self values one's self.

@Mike_Hawk Now you're just pulling things out of your ass. Where did I say I was important? I simply said I was smarter than...

The fact that you needed to lord your superior intelligence over me suggests you feel that you, as a person, are more important than I am. Which is false.

@The fact that you needed to lord your superior intelligence over me suggests you feel that you, as a person, are...

You declared me to be "the stupid one". Is that not "lording" your superior intellect? And it's not a strict indicator that I feel I'm more important than you, it only means I think I'm smarter than you. And again, who are you to judge my value? How can you be so sure that it's false that I'm not more imporant than you? I'm important to myself, my fiancee, my family, my friends, my dog, etc. I'd say it's entirely possible that I'm more important than you.

@Congrats..?

You're awful at this arguing thing. Is that your resignation?

@Mike_Hawk You're awful at this arguing thing. Is that your resignation?

That's my confusion at why you felt the need to tell me why you're so important. As if you might not believe it yourself so you have to validate yourself to others.

@That's my confusion at why you felt the need to tell me why you're so important. As if you might not believe it...

It's called presenting evidence in order to validate a point. My point was, in fact, that I am important. It was wise to validate it to you because we are arguing, and that's a vital component of arguing. You're literally one of the worst debaters I've ever seen. You seem unable to recognize the most basic and key factor to being able to last longer than a second in an argument/debate. I will take THAT as you ceceding.

Good day, sir or madam.

@Mike_Hawk It's called presenting evidence in order to validate a point. My point was, in fact, that I am important. It was...

How do I know its evidence and not just something you've made up to suit your needs? Maybe I don't feel as though we're arguing or debating.?

@1515469

FUCK YES

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +41Reply
@1515469

Siriusly.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +18Reply
@1515469

Quit being such a downer. If people want to post about Harry Potter, that shouldn't be a problem. Harry Potter is a popular franchise. Deal with it.
I may be anti-female, but I am pro-Potter.

@1515469

At least this time we can understand it

@1515514

Unfortunately no one performed a Fetus Deletus on him when his mom was pregnant with him.

@Jarden I'M HERE NOW

WELL WHOOP DEE DO. You're still a good 21 years late! ONE SIMPLE SPELL MAN! and all this Harry Potter mumbo jumbo wouldn't have had to go down and YOU would still be alive. Instead, you have to wait until after the little bloke's born to try to kill him. Amateur.

@1515469

Just because it's a wizard joke doesn't automatically mean it's a HP joke.

@1515638

Dang I was hoping FrasierFanForever would downvote this one too...
For the lulz

@1515609

I missed that... I liked this post better when it wasn't about Harry Potter in my mind :(

@twisted_memories I missed that... I liked this post better when it wasn't about Harry Potter in my mind :(

It's posted in Harry Potter because I thought that the people belonging to that group would enjoy the post.

Evanhaubners avatar Evanhaubner Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Evanhaubner It's posted in Harry Potter because I thought that the people belonging to that group would enjoy the post.

I like it. I liked it better when I thought it was a general wizard joke. Seems like every wizard joke now is a HP joke.

@1515469

Just be glad we haven't had AVPM or AVPS POTD yet :/

@Courage_Wolf Just be glad we haven't had AVPM or AVPS POTD yet :/

I like AVPM and AVPS, but a lot of their fans are beyond annoying.

Clementiness avatar Clementines Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Clementines I like AVPM and AVPS, but a lot of their fans are beyond annoying.

On amirite, it seems to serve mainly as a way for people to get lots of loves without actually coming up with anything.

@1516953

I have no idea what you're talking about.

@1516960

I have no desire to watch anything related to avpm, sorry.

Agreed. I don't like AVPM at all... Sort of weird for a Harry Potter fan.

Evanhaubners avatar Evanhaubner Yeah You Are -6Reply

totally read that as feh-tus deh-leh-tus at first :P

@God_Almighty What in the Lord's good name?

woah we got both God_Almighty and God_the_Almighty commenting on a post stating a joke about wizards and abortion. I'm surprised this thread hasn't spontaneously destroyed itself.

The most useful is Pretego Imprego.

ThreeScoopMavens avatar ThreeScoopMaven Yeah You Are -14Reply
Anonymous