thatsjustmiis avatar
4 45

There's no gene that determines that i like the color blue or that i like Italian food either! I don't think DNA decides what our preferences are. There may be no gay gene, but there isn't a blue gene or an Italian food gene. So shut up :)

evan123s avatar evan123 No Way +18Reply
@evan123 There's no gene that determines that i like the color blue or that i like Italian food either! I don't think DNA...

That`s funny I don`t recall mention a specific sexual orientation I simply said "sexual orientation" so you could argue that "no, you're not born straight its a choice" if you wanted to... why don't you shut up and read it properly :)

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are -7Reply

Sexual orientation could also rely on the amount of testosterone in a guy. If they were born with a lower amount of testosterone and a higher amount of estrogen, it makes them have a higher voice some people call "the gay voice."

Sahils avatar Sahil No Way +12Reply
@Sahil Sexual orientation could also rely on the amount of testosterone in a guy. If they were born with a lower amount of...

I remember hearing about that somewhere, I think it was a show with John Barrowman and they were discussing the possibility that if a mother had a few boys in a row without very long inbetween that the younger sons could have a lower testosterone level and that could affect their sexuality, it's an interesting theory!

Heyy, ass?
That doesn't make being gay a decision.

@ThisChick Heyy, ass? That doesn't make being gay a decision.

That`s funny I don`t recall mention a specific sexual orientation I simply said "sexual orientation" so you could argue that "no, you're not born straight its a choice" if you wanted to

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are -3Reply

There's also no gene that says you're straight. That means if you have a significant other, you should break up.

@__________ There's also no gene that says you're straight. That means if you have a significant other, you should break up.

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are -2Reply

Bitch, please.

That has not been proven.

@thatsjustmii http://www.trueorigin.org/gaygene01.asp really?

I actually read that whole article. It's completely biased, and I can't believe that guy has a PhD. Dumbest thing he wrote was "If there was, in fact, a “gay gene,” then all of the identical twins should have reported a homosexual orientation." Read up about methylation. Did you know it's even possible for identical twins to have different eye colours?
Also, there's no proof, just arguments against what other scientists have found. The brain one was pretty interesting actually. Some others were logical too, but his conclusion was way to broad based on that.
Finally, most scientists have moved away from the idea that there is just a 'gay gene'. They now believe that it probably involves many genes that work together. Plus environmental factors probably also play a role in there somewhere. There still has to be a lot more research into this before someone can say for sure whether homosexuality is genetic or not.

Lol. Quote me the part of the article that proves that no gay gene exists. Don't just link me a long article and expect me to read all of it.

@wobbuffet Lol. Quote me the part of the article that proves that no gay gene exists. Don't just link me a long article and...

and that`s why your statement about no proof is ignorant. Because you haven`t read up on it.

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are +9Reply
@thatsjustmii and that`s why your statement about no proof is ignorant. Because you haven`t read up on it.

Stop trolling. I have read up on this topic extensively, and I'm sure there's nothing scientific in your cute little anti-evolutionary website article.

Considering its says "Exposing the myth of evolution" at the top of the page, you can't trust a word of that website.

Lol, that article contains no proof. Do you have anything a little less bias?

"If there was, in fact, a “gay gene,” then all of the identical twins should have reported a homosexual orientation"

Even identical twins are not 100% genetically the same. If anything, the twin studies prove that there is at least some form if genetic factor in deciding sexuality or else the rate of genetically related siblings being gay would be the same as adoptive siblings. The fact that adoptive siblings have a higher rate of sharing sexuality than random strangers proves that there are also environmental factors at play. It is safe to conclude that homosexuality can have genetic factors, but sexuality relies more on one's environment than anything else. Either way it's still not a choice.

@pikabeau "If there was, in fact, a “gay gene,” then all of the identical twins should have reported a homosexual...

yes, identical twins are always 100% genetically the same, not fraternal twins but identical twins are, unless some form of mutation occurs after birth.

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are -12Reply
@thatsjustmii yes, identical twins are always 100% genetically the same, not fraternal twins but identical twins are, unless some...

I am an identical twin. Height is determined by genetics, but my sister is taller. Hair color is determined by genetics but my hair is darker. Also, my head is oval shaped and my sister's head is round. Identical twins are identical up until the time the egg spits. After that many changes take place. You cannot ignore the fact that over half the time one identical twin is gay so is the other. Try comparing that to non-twin siblings, adopted siblings, and total strangers. If that's not genetics I don't know what else it could possibly be. Yeah, it could be environment, but if it was JUST the environment then all siblings, regardless of twin status, would share the same sexuality. Genetics have to play a factor, even if it's just that small push to noticing, "Hey, I like girls."

no shit

ASWCCs avatar ASWCC Yeah You Are +3Reply

Science is neither right nor wrong because scientists are constantly proving and disproving theories and formulas. I mean one minute they tell us cell phones give us cancer and the next minute we're told that cell phones don't give us cancer. It's a never ending cycle of the scientific process.

Well, sexual orientation isn't a choice...

Listen mate, i'd rather listen to scientists than religious fundamentalists. So come back with a link to a certified genetic research and then we can talk.

I mean seriously. On one hand you have scientists, the smartest people on the planet whose whole purpose is to study and teach. They have given us so much and we never thank them.

On the other you have religious people who, statistically speaking, are less intelligent than your average atheist scientist. Their purpose is to indoctrinate and hold back science because it doesn't agree with their 2000 year old fairy tale.

Like it or not, the days of religion are numbered. And good riddance.

</pissed off atheist>

Jads avatar Jad No Way -11Reply
@__________ Why'd you have a closing tag without an opening one? Syntax error, dude.

I've been pissed for a long time now. However during my rant i realised something and i'm no longer pissed :)

Jads avatar Jad No Way 0Reply
@Jad Listen mate, i'd rather listen to scientists than religious fundamentalists. So come back with a link to a...

I'm a fellow atheist, but religion has also helped a lot of people get through tough times. My brother got clean when he found God. Religion can be good for the individual, it's just when they are in control of things (hence we have separation of church and state) that it can turn bad. Long story short, I don't believe in God, but if other people do, well then more power to them, except the crazy ones, they could go. But you get a couple of weirdos in every group.

@Babytard Who are to say that scientits are more inteligent than religious people?

Let's see. Who would rather listen to unproven nonsense than to a scientific fact?

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepag...O_GRAPHIC.html

That is the only survey i need. I'm not saying that theists are dumb. I'm saying most dumb people are theists.

Jads avatar Jad No Way +8Reply
@Jad Let's see. Who would rather listen to unproven nonsense than to a scientific...

Well that's interesting, and I'm fairly happy to know my nation is more or less filled with people who know the truth. Sweet sweet evolution.

If scientists are so smart, then why do they live in igloos?

It's actually proven that religious people are less intelligent than the average person. And I would hope that most scientists are a little more intelligent that the average person.

http://tinyurl.com/5rkxq98

There was too many links, so I just did this so you could view what you wanted. I just thought I'd let you know that because I always feel a bit rude when I send lmgtfy.

@Frank_n_Furter It's actually proven that religious people are less intelligent than the average person. And I would hope that most...

yeah if you put the answer in the question when you search it on the INTERNET it can definitely be trusted as solid proof!

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are +1Reply
Anonymous