+229

They should make a Pokémon-themed version of DDR and call it "Dance Dance Evolution," amirite?

Rockys avatar Games
15 19
The voters have decided that Rocky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Is it weird that when I saw DDR I thought of deutsch democratic republic instead of dance dance revolution?

I prefer Darwin Darwin Evolution.

That only really works for Meloetta, and she doesn't even evolve.

Seems like it would apply more to a game that follows organisms throughout history as they gradually evolve.

@So, basically Pokemon?

Organisms through history
Gradually evolve
Does not sound like Pokemon to me.
When I hear Dance Dance Evolution, Pokemon does not immediately come to my mind, so I don't think it would work out very well. There's no precedent for it either.

@Courage_Wolf Organisms through history Gradually evolve Does not sound like Pokemon to me. When I hear Dance Dance Evolution...

What do the Pokemon constantly do throughout the show as they become more powerful? Oh yeah, evolve. And what is history? A string of chronological events. Does Pokemon move through time? Yes.

You obviously don't automatically relate Pokemon and evolution, but a lot of people do; I related them. Perspective.

@AppAwesome Gradually means slowly. Pokemon evolve really fast.

Thank you for understanding why I was pointing that out.

When the Pokemon get to that point, yeah it's fast, but there are several steps to evolve all the way. Plus, it takes them a while to get to the point of evolving. I was joking either way.

@What do the Pokemon constantly do throughout the show as they become more powerful? Oh yeah, evolve. And what is...

I'm aware that Pokemon evolve, it was the gradually I was referring to. It's more immediate. I was referring to history on a larger scale, and Pokemon has almost no events which could be considered historical, besides some of the legendary Pokemon who's origin stories might be considered as such.

I'm not saying I don't relate Pokemon and evolution. Just that if I heard the name 'Dance Dance Evolution', with no context, I wouldn't link it to Pokemon at all. And this is coming from a huge fan of the games. Previous DDR games departing from the theme to integrate new characters haven't done it that way either, which adds to that.

Either way, I don't think DDE would be a good name for this.

@Courage_Wolf I'm aware that Pokemon evolve, it was the gradually I was referring to. It's more immediate. I was referring to...

Holy cows, man, I was joking.

But I'll back myself up anyway.

1.) The Pokemon do not evolve immediately, because they do not have only one form that they evolve to. What they start off as, and what they end up as, have a step in between. Plus it takes them a while to get to the point where they are ready to evolve. (usually)

2.) History has many meanings.

his·to·ry   [his-tuh-ree, his-tree] Show IPA
noun, plural -ries.
1.
the branch of knowledge dealing with past events.
2.
a continuous, systematic narrative of past events as relating to a particular people, country, period, person, etc., usually written as a chronological account; chronicle: a history of France; a medical history of the patient.
3.
the aggregate of past events.
4.
the record of past events and times, especially in connection with the human race.
5.
a past notable for its important, unusual, or interesting events: a ship with a history.

(Pokemon fits number two)

@Holy cows, man, I was joking. But I'll back myself up anyway. 1.) The Pokemon do not evolve immediately, because...

I'm not really sure how your first point has countered my first point. There's still stagnancy between the evolutions, regardless of how many forms there are. Charmander, for example, experiences a period of stagnancy before they evolve into a Charmeleon. I was considering using the period between evolutions as a series of small changes before a big one, but really I just don't see how that could work.

I definitely understand your point for the second one, please understand that I was not referring to that definition in the context which I used it. The history of Pokemon is also sort of created yourself, in my opinion. I see where you're coming from though.

Really I don't think we need to argue, ultimately we just disagree about whether or not it's a good name :P

The Westboro baptist church they would fucking explode.

Lexren94s avatar Lexren94 Yeah You Are -1Reply